Can you disable the Date Modified in Windows Explorer?

G

Hello;

Is there any way to disable the Date Modified column in Windows EXplorer?

I am using software that relies on "time sequence" between files. When I
rotate an image file, etc. the Date Modified changes to the new Modified
date. This conflects with the software.

I want to modify files without the original date modified changing. Thanks!

T

t.cruise

After reading the first line of your post, it does not seem to reflect what it is that you
actually want to accomplish, when I read the rest of your post. Disabling the Date
Modified field (hiding that field) is as easy as right clicking on the title of any of the
fields, and removing the checkmark to the left of Date Modified by clicking on it. But
that is NOT what it seems what you want to do. If I understand the rest of your post, you
actually want to modify a file, and not reflect that the file has been modified in its
file properties. As far as I know, I don't believe that's possible. That could lead to
many legal problems "Judge that was the date that I created the document, and as you can
see, it has never been modified." "Boss, I NEVER changed that document. See, the
properties show that it has never been modified since the date that it was created." I
don't understand what Windows Explorer would have to do with your vaguely described third
party software. If the problem is with that third party software, maybe there's an option
in that software to disable sorting by Date Modified, or perhaps an option for sorting by
Date Created. "Original Date Modified" is an oxymoron. In File Properties, it's either
date Created, or date Modified. If it's a real problem for you, and it's being caused by
the third party software, try tech support for that software.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
Remove [NoSpam] to reply

Ask a Question