Can you auto edit file names inside a formula

cedric.dennis

Hi
I have a main excel file created yearly eg rate2010.xls
The values in this file change year on year basis or sometimes even
earlier.

I have another file pricing.xls which uses values from the file
rate2010.xls
The values in pricing.xls are picked up from rate2010.xls by the
formula function Vlookup

My problem:
When the year changes; I have to make a new file
i.e rate2010.xls becomes rate2011.xls

The file pricing.xls still continues to pick up values from the old
rate2010.xls.
I want it to pick up values from the new file rate2011.xls

My Question:
Can I change the ref filename from rate2010.xls to rate2011.xls in the
formula bar automatically
in my file pricing.xls ?

I have thousands of entries which need changing ...manual is very
tedious.

Please help if you can.

Warm regards
Cedric Dennis

Jim Cone

Use the "Replace" menu item on the Edit menu.

Find What... 2010.xls
Replace with... 2011.xls
--
Jim Cone