Can receive but can not send

sandie

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'POP3', Server:
'SMTP.xtra.co.nz', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 mta03.xtra.co.nz
connection refused from [222.152.2.20]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

Gary VanderMolen

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

If that setting was already enabled, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)