Can not forward emails with my gmail account.

C

cmarlow

Hello Group,

I was send over here by Kathy Jacobs. to ask you guys a question

I use OUTLOOK 2003 to get and send my Emails via POP

I have outlook 2003 on HTML mail.

I use GMAIL.

all of a sudden when I forward emails sometimes the EMBEDDED PICTURES
show when the recipient gets them at YAHOO or GMAIL then they dont the
images
then on the next email they do then on the next email they dont.

its like they switch back and forth.

my computer is fullly updated
I just downloaded the spam folder update for outlook 2003.
I Have service pack 2 on here

My outlook is just an upgrade to upgrade JUST outlook from 2000 to
the rest of my office software is 2000.

Im so close to giving up on Outlook 2003, and closing my gmail
account and moving to
yahoo mail or something

Whats wrong with the emails and why is it working sometimes then its
not

I even moved my outlook to where it ATTACHES replies or ATTACHES the
forward instead of inlineing it thinking it was my outlook!

Still the same issues.

I have been like racking my mind all freaking day!!!

Please Help,
Thanks
Christopher

S

Steve

Maybe this is a stupid question, but are you able to see the attachments when you edit the forwarded message? If not, then it is probably Outlook converting the message to plain text. It tends to do this when you are forwarding a message that has been forwarded (or replied to) before. I guess it doesn't want to have to process different formatting and stationery in long messages (?). If you forward directly from your GMail account (i.e. in a web browser), it will not do this. You can probably also cut and paste into a new email message from Outlook, but that's kind of a PITA.

D.

C

cmarlow

Maybe this is a stupid question, but are you able to see the attachments when you edit the forwarded message? If not, then it is probably Outlook converting the message to plain text. It tends to do this when you are forwarding a message that has been forwarded (or replied to) before. I guess it doesn't want to have to process different formatting and stationery in long messages (?). If you forward directly from your GMail account (i.e. in a web browser), it will not do this. You can probably also cut and paste into a new email message from Outlook, but that's kind of a PITA.

D.

What do you mean edit the forward message?

I just emailed a friend of mine and he didnt get the attachments on
the 2nd time i sent it. Because he didnt get it the first time so he
got the attachments the first time then didnt the secondt time its
like spurratic. somtimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Some yahoo
people are getting the messages and then some dont. and then sometimes
1 out of 6 emails from me wont have the attached images, because I
have been emailing everyone and asking them.

Could this be a gmail issue? something is wrong with their server that
its not forwarding the images or something like that?

Thanks,
Christopher

S

Steve

Quote:
What do you mean edit the forward message?

When you forward a message, you have the option of editing it (e.g. adding your own comments) before you send it. If the attachment(s) is (are) present at that point, then the problem is probably on the receiving end. It seems odd that the same recipient would sometimes receive the attachment and sometimes not, though. If 1/6 of the recipients do not receive the attachment, it sounds like a "problem" with their security settings, either in their e-mail account, or their POP/IMAP/(whatever) client.

If you cannot see the attachments when you edit the message, check to see if you can change the formatting of any text in the forwarded message. If you cannot, then it has been converted to plain text. This is an annoyance I sometimes experience with Outlook. In that case, you may have to send it as a new message and manually add the attachments and any body text.

I would be surprised if the problem was with GMail, as I have always found it pretty stable. You might want to try the http://groups.google.com/support/?hl=en if you are convinced GMail is the problem.

D.

Ask a Question