Can I use frontpage on a computer & then move files to another

I have 2 computers. Can I work on Frontpage on the one computer & them copy
files to thumb drive & load them onto frontpage on my other computer?

Chuck Davis

If you have Published the web site to a server with FrontPage Server
Extensions installed, you could just visit the site in IE and then choose
Edit in Microsoft Office FrontPage from the File drop down menu and then
Publish the site to your hard drive. Don't copy files.

If your computers are on a home network, simply Publish from one to the
others hard drive. Publishing insures that all necessary files are placed on
the other computer.

Jens Peter Karlsen [FP-MVP]

If it is a diskbased web you can simply copy the entire folder that
holds it to the other computer and open it as a disk based web there.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

DianaH

Chuck,
I didn't post the original request, but I was wondering how to do the same
thing.
Thanks for including the pertinent details. I'll be getting a new system
and will need to publish the files to the new drives.
Helpful!

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
If you have Published the web site to a server with FrontPage Server
Extensions installed, you could just visit the site in IE and then choose
Edit in Microsoft Office FrontPage from the File drop down menu and then
Publish the site to your hard drive. Don't copy files.

If your computers are on a home network, simply Publish from one to the
others hard drive. Publishing insures that all necessary files are placed on
the other computer.

Stefan B Rusynko

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=264777

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx