Can I redist msvcr71.dll from Framework without installing Framework?

Jenny

Hi,

I have an application that depends on msvcr71.dll which
gets installed by dotnetfx.exe, but we'd rather not
install the entire .NET Framework just yet since it's just
this one DLL that we need. Is this DLL legally
redistributable by itself?

Thanks!
Jenny

mikeb

Jenny said:
Hi,

I have an application that depends on msvcr71.dll which
gets installed by dotnetfx.exe, but we'd rather not
install the entire .NET Framework just yet since it's just
this one DLL that we need. Is this DLL legally
redistributable by itself?

Thanks!
Jenny

According to the redist.txt file installed by my copy of VS.NET 2003,
msvcr71.dll is redistributable. Assuming yo have VS.NET 2003, you
should be fine. If you have another development product, you should
check redist.txt to see if it allows redistribution.

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Jenny,

Thanks for posting in the group.

Mike is right. Redist.txt in Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003 folder lists this file as redistributable.

Also, I suggest you one useful web page, which could be used to check which
Microsoft product distributes this DLL:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/fileversion/dll
info.asp&SD=MSDN

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

!From: "Jenny" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "Jenny" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Can I redist msvcr71.dll from Framework without installing
Framework?
!Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:37:27 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
!
!Hi,
!
!I have an application that depends on msvcr71.dll which
!gets installed by dotnetfx.exe, but we'd rather not
!install the entire .NET Framework just yet since it's just
!this one DLL that we need. Is this DLL legally
!redistributable by itself?
!
!Thanks!
!Jenny
!

Jenny

Hi, thanks to both of you. It turns out I was looking at
an older version of redist.txt, which didn't list that
specific file. Thanks!

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hi Jenny,

You are welcome.

Thanks to you and Mike for participating the community. :)

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

!From: "Jenny" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "Jenny" <[email protected]>
Framework?
!Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:16:33 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
!
!Hi, thanks to both of you. It turns out I was looking at
!an older version of redist.txt, which didn't list that
!specific file. Thanks!
!
!>Mike is right. Redist.txt in Program Files/Microsoft
!Visual Studio .NET
!>2003 folder lists this file as redistributable.
!>
!>Also, I suggest you one useful web page, which could be
!used to check which
!>Microsoft product distributes this DLL:
!>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
!scid=/servicedesks/fileversion/dll
!>info.asp&SD=MSDN
!>
!>Hope that helps.
!>
!>Best regards,
!>Yanhong Huang
!>Microsoft Online Partner Support
!>
!>Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
!>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
!confers no rights.
!>
!>--------------------
!>!From: "Jenny" <[email protected]>
!>!Sender: "Jenny" <[email protected]>
!>!Subject: Can I redist msvcr71.dll from Framework without
!installing
!>Framework?
!>!Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:37:27 -0700
!>!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
!>!
!>!Hi,
!>!
!>!I have an application that depends on msvcr71.dll which
!>!gets installed by dotnetfx.exe, but we'd rather not
!>!install the entire .NET Framework just yet since it's
!just
!>!this one DLL that we need. Is this DLL legally
!>!redistributable by itself?
!>!
!>!Thanks!
!>!Jenny