Can I receive an audio reminder of an upcoming appointment?

ND Pard

We just converted from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook 2007.

Can I receive an audio reminder of an upcoming appointment?

Please cc your response to (e-mail address removed).

TIA

Jack Sadie

Yes. Click the little speaker icon to the right of the reminder period and
browse to choose any .wav sound from those stored on your computer.

ND Pard

However, I did "just" find the following steps:

Click "Tools"
Click "Options"
Click the "Other" tab
Click the "Advanced Options" button
Click the "Reminder Options" button
Check the "Play Reminder Sound" checkbox
Browse and choose any .wav file available on your computer
(generally under C:\Windows\Media\ are a number of .wav files to choose from)

Thanks again for your help. Tis' appreciated.

ND Pard

That was extremely helpful.

I am using Outlook 2007, I have a feeling you're using an older version? A
screenshot of one of my Outook appointments is attached.

But thanks to your last memo, I discovered that if a reminder time other
than “none†is set, I can simply click on the down arrow to the right of the
reminder time and the very last item of the drop-down list is a “soundâ€. If
a user clicks on it, he can change or pick a sound for reminder notifications.

Thanks so much Jack. It folks like you that make a difference in this world.