Windows XP Can I delete these files ?

Reaction score
Hello,
As everybody will understand, I'm not very keen on operating systems. I use Window 2000 pro and on my main HD, "D", some folders appear from time to time, called FOUND001 FOUND002 etc. with Recovered Files Fragments. Can I delete them without damaging anything ?
Thank you in advance.
;) Efimov

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Thing with fragments is that they were already lost and the program just finds them again.

So if everything is working with them there, removing them shouldn't stop anything from working. If something was going to go wrong, it would have done so when they were lost origionaly.

Open them with a word editor, you'll probably find they are some fragment of a deleted document or something :)

Reaction score
Posible solution

How about you just transfer your files, the ones that you're thinking about deleting onto another place, and check if everything's working properly. I mean it can't make your operating system stop working, since it's not on C: and from what i see it doesn't sound very important.

So just cut them somewhere else, try out your pc applications , ,and then you'll see if they are important or not . :)

Reaction score
This usually appears when you run a scandisk (now chkdsk...thanks MS) and when it finds lost clusters or fragments, you select the option which converts the lost fragments to files. Usually, I reccomend just deleting them if your system is working fine, and I doubt the files themselves are of any use even if you do have a problem with your system. In the future, just select the delete option in scandisk or let it fix errors automatically.

Ask a Question