Can I add more than one signature to an Email using Outlook 2007

I have been trying to insert more than one signature in an email - I have
just upgraded to 2007 from 2003 which allowed me to put 2 signatures on one
email, but each time I do this in 2007 it wipes the previous one out.

Diane Poremsky

No. Outlook with word as the editor only supports 1 signature. You'll need
to use autotext/autocorrect.

Roady [MVP]

Or use Quick Parts which you can find on the Insert tab of the Ribbon.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

Remove ABCD from Email address to reply

Okay, I did not know anything about quick parts so I tried it out. Now I
can not figure out how to delete the nonsense I put into it as a test.
Please advise

--

Neil

-----

Diane Poremsky said:
No. Outlook with word as the editor only supports 1 signature. You'll
need to use autotext/autocorrect.

Diane Poremsky

Close Outlook .
Open the NormalEmail.dotm document template, its usually at
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates.
Go to Quick Parts, select Building Blocks Organizer from the flyout.
Sort by Template in the resulting display to move together everything from
NormalEmail.dotm.
Edit or delete the components from NormalEmail.dotm.

Diane Poremsky said:
No. Outlook with word as the editor only supports 1 signature. You'll
need to use autotext/autocorrect.

I have been trying to insert more than one signature in an email - I
have
just upgraded to 2007 from 2003 which allowed me to put 2 signatures on
one
email, but each time I do this in 2007 it wipes the previous one out.

Remove ABCD from Email address to reply

I tried opening the template in Word but when it opens it appears blank.
Any other suggestions?
--

Neil

http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----

No. Outlook with word as the editor only supports 1 signature. You'll
need to use autotext/autocorrect.

I have been trying to insert more than one signature in an email - I
have
just upgraded to 2007 from 2003 which allowed me to put 2 signatures
on one
email, but each time I do this in 2007 it wipes the previous one out.

Diane Poremsky

the quick parts list is blank?

Diane Poremsky said:
Close Outlook .
Open the NormalEmail.dotm document template, its usually at
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates.
Go to Quick Parts, select Building Blocks Organizer from the flyout.
Sort by Template in the resulting display to move together everything
from NormalEmail.dotm.
Edit or delete the components from NormalEmail.dotm.

Remove ABCD from Email address to reply said:
Okay, I did not know anything about quick parts so I tried it out. Now
I can not figure out how to delete the nonsense I put into it as a test.
Please advise

--

Neil

in message Or use Quick Parts which you can find on the Insert tab of the Ribbon.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----

No. Outlook with word as the editor only supports 1 signature. You'll
need to use autotext/autocorrect.

I have been trying to insert more than one signature in an email - I
have
just upgraded to 2007 from 2003 which allowed me to put 2 signatures
on one
email, but each time I do this in 2007 it wipes the previous one out.

Remove ABCD from Email address to reply

The file size is 16 k but when I open it up in Word 2007 the page is empty
and lower left corner says 0 characters. Yet I can still go into Outlook
2007 email and insert the quick part that I want to delete so it is still
there.

--

Neil

Diane Poremsky said:
Close Outlook .
Open the NormalEmail.dotm document template, its usually at
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates.
Go to Quick Parts, select Building Blocks Organizer from the flyout.
Sort by Template in the resulting display to move together everything
from NormalEmail.dotm.
Edit or delete the components from NormalEmail.dotm.

in message Okay, I did not know anything about quick parts so I tried it out. Now

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote in message
Or use Quick Parts which you can find on the Insert tab of the Ribbon.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----

No. Outlook with word as the editor only supports 1 signature. You'll
need to use autotext/autocorrect.

I have been trying to insert more than one signature in an email - I
have
just upgraded to 2007 from 2003 which allowed me to put 2 signatures
on one
email, but each time I do this in 2007 it wipes the previous one
out.

'Signatures' was indeed a great way to insert snippets into 'Stationery' in
Outlook 2003. Outlook 2007 has QuickParts, which are intended to enable
snippets to be saved from within Outlook for re-use. By copying and pasting
my old .html Signature files into a blank .html email and saving to the
QuickParts flie I am gradually converting to 2007.

There are two ways to edit a QuickPart, either load it into a blank email,
edit and save again to the same QuickParts Gallery under the same Category
and using the same Name, or to use Word. It is worth mentioning that in
Office 2007 the same QuickParts are available in all programs, so by opening
Word, then the email template (Docs and Sets/User/App
Data/Microsoft/Templates/NormalEmail.dotm), you do indeed end up with a blank
page. But because all the QuickParts are available in all programs, just go
to Insert/QuickParts in Word and you will see all your Outlook QuickParts.
Click on the one you want to edit and edit away. When you want to save it,
highlight it all and click QuickParts then click Save Selection to QuickParts
Gallery and be sure to enter the same name, category and very IMPORTANT:
Change the default Building Blocks.dotx to NormalEmail.dotm.

Having got this far all I need to know now is how to transfer the QuickParts
installed on my computer to the other computers in my office that all use the
same standard Stationery and QuickPart inserts. Anyone know which file it
might be? I have checked everywhere and like the .pst file in the early days
of Outlook 2003 it has so far eluded me. Like the .pst file it must be quite
large now.

Outlook only allows one signature per email. For those of you who want to
insert chunks of text reqularly into emails there is now QuickParts. This is
how it's done, including details of how to distribute your QuickParts Gallery
to other computers:

Procedure for adding QuickParts to Outlook:

Design is done in Outlook.

1. Open a new blank email (HTML no-stationery).

2. Paste in pre-prepared text, design a new QuickPart or select a portion of
existing text.

3. When finished highlight the whole text (or highlight a portion of text to
save as a frequently used snippet).

4. Select the QuickParts drop-down menu.

5. Click 'Save selection to QuickParts Gallery'

6. Type in or paste in pre-prepared NAME. (Pre-prepared names kept in a
separate Word file help organising large QuickPart Galleries, QuickParts are
listed in the menu in alphabetical order so a stuctured catalog of CATEGORIES
and NAMES is worth the effort).

7. Select the CATEGORY from the drop down menu (or add a new category).

8. Click OK - That's it.

When all changes, or your new QuickPart is finished it is available for use
immediately. If you are going to distribute the QuickPart to other computers
you will need to re-start your computer in order to update the
NormalEmail.dotm template. The NormalEmail.dotm file is similar to Outlooks'
..pst file in that Outlook must be closed on both computers before
transferring the file, also check that OUTLOOK.EXE is not still running in
the background by checking in Windows Task Manager, (Ctrl-Alt-Del).

To edit an existing QuickPart simply import the QuickPart to be amended into
a blank email in Outlook, make your changes then follow the istructions above
from no3. Most important; be sure to use EXACTLY the same name so that the
old QuickPart will be replaced.

Outlook QuickParts can also be edited using Word by starting with the
NormalEmail.dotm template (which is blank), and inserting the required
QuickPart from the QuickPart drop-down menu in the 'Insert Ribbon', edit,
highlight and save into the QuickParts as with Outlook above. The Word edited
QuickPart will be available in Outlook the next time you open it.

Documents and Settings/USER/Application
Data/Microsoft/Templates/NormalEmail.dotm.
If you can't see Application Data, Go to Control Panel/Folder
Options/View/and check the 'Show hidden files and Folders' radio button.

Linda,
Are you using 2 e-mail accounts for seperate signatures and are trying to
combine? or just want a longer signature? Under "tools" "options" "mail
format" "signatures" you can only specify one signature per e-mail account.
you can set up as many signatures as you want per account. When sending an
e-mail in 2007 you can specify which account to send the message from by
clicking "account" on the left side under SEND which will send the signature
you specified for that account. For example you are sending the same message
to 2 people and you want each recipient to see a different signature, you
would select the account to send the message and send, then you would open
the message again and click the other account and send the message again. If
you only want to send messages to 1 person with 2 signatures, just edit the
text box in the signatures to include everything you want to appear in the
signature line.