Camera's and photography

Reaction score
For the last while on PCR i have observed that a lot of folk have fairly decent camera's and have posted some really good snaps....i'm thinking of getting a camera and was wondering if anyone can tell me how much do i need to spend to get a camera with a powerful zoom,top quality clarity and that will allow exposure times to be played around with....if that makes any sense.

I've been thinking about the canon eos 40( I think thats what it is anyway) cos me mam has one but it was very expensive.....about 800 euro i think.

Any tips, anybody. I'd like maybe to make a little hobby of making quirky shots and stuff for myself that can be blown up.
Thanks in advance.
Zzzzz

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3756301.php

Take a peek here for some inspiration.
nod.gif

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
You after an SLR, compact or inbetweenie?

An in betweenie thats not weenie.....The canon eos is about 800 quid over here but thats a bit dear considering i might get fed up and throw it into my trinket box. I'd like to have a bash at night sky's and the sun going down and such like.
Also i'd like to do some shots at night and mess with the exposure to get some special effects. As i said....i 'd hate to spend a lot and get fed up.
I suppose i could gamble about 400 euro but, dont know what sort of camera i would get for that over here in rip off ireland. There was actually a finance program here called ripoff ireland. Did you try ashampoo yet.
Zzzzz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As I posted elswhere yesterday evening - no I haven't tried Ashampoo yet, I will get round to it eventually, there's no panic :)

As for a camera you could do worse than to buy This Nikon - two years old and literally half price.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
As I posted elswhere yesterday evening - no I haven't tried Ashampoo yet, I will get round to it eventually, there's no panic :)

As for a camera you could do worse than to buy This Nikon - two years old and literally half price.
I was going to offer you a disc with Asham 2009 with key is all.

Okay dude you have me interested in the snapper....there's a couple of little things to think about. I live in ireland and it would have to be bought just by looking at it ont net...can i pm you??
Zzzzz

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Of course you can PM me.

I will try Ashampoo in the very near future. If probs, I'll shout.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Nikon D40 ...absolute steal and bargain...albeit bulky with its accessories :p but why compromise quality :)

Ask a Question