Caller ID - Outlook

A

Anthony Smith

Good Afternoon,

We recently upgraded to CallerID in our office with our Phone/Internet
provider. The phones display the phone number. We have Outlook XP & 2003
installed with Exchange 2003 Server. Is there any way I can integrate the
phone system into outlook, when I caller calls from our outlook shared
contacts folder that it will locate the contact in the folder automatically?
I'm wondering what's available out there. Maybe standard without Outlook or
3rd party applications. Thanks!

Anthony Smith

In God We Trust!

D

Debutante

Is this what you need? I took this from "online help" on OutlookXP.

Call a person in the contacts list

1.. In Contacts, click the contact you want to call.
2.. On the Actions menu, point to Call Contact, and then click the phone number you want to dial.
3.. Click Start Call.
4.. Pick up the phone handset, and then begin your conversation.
5.. Click End Call, and then hang up the phone.
Call someone not in the contacts list

1.. In Contacts, on the Actions menu, point to Call Contact, and then click New Call.
2.. To have Microsoft Outlook look for a number in the contacts list (contact list: In the Contacts folder, the list of people and organizations with whom you correspond.), enter a name in the Contact box.
If the name is in the Outlook contacts list and you've previously entered a phone number for it, click the phone number in the Number box.

If the name is not in the Outlook contact list or does not have a phone number already, enter the phone number in dialable format (dialable format: A phone number format for dialing internal business extensions (for example, 2414), an operator or emergency service, or directory assistance. Calling cards cannot be used with this format.) or in international format (international format: A phone number format for dialing any call from any location or with a calling card. The format should appear this way: country code (area code) + local number. Don't include other punctuation, characters, or alphanumeric characters.) in the Number box.

3.. Click Start Call.
4.. Pick up the phone handset, and then begin your conversation.
5.. Click End Call, and then hang up the phone

Ask a Question