Calculator shortcut

How can I create a shortcut so that I can open up my calculator, either by
going to my desktop or my start menu; preferably both? I run windows xp.
Thanks!

Tom

Bill said:
How can I create a shortcut so that I can open up my calculator, either by
going to my desktop or my start menu; preferably both? I run windows xp.
Thanks!

Click start/programs/accessories scroll to Calculator, right click on it,
choose 'send to', then Desktop (create shortcut).

You can also create it in your Quicklaunch as a shortcut, that way you can
use it while in another window other then the Desktop.

Ken Blake

In
Bill said:
How can I create a shortcut so that I can open up my
calculator,
either by going to my desktop or my start menu; preferably
both? I
run windows xp. Thanks!

You create a shortcut to Calc.exe the same way you create a
shortcut to any other program. There's more than one way to do
this, but here's an easy way:

For the desktop, navigate to c:\windows\system32\calc.exe and
right-drag it to the desktop. Release the mouse button and choose
"Create shortcut here."

For the Start menu, repeat, this time right-dragging it to
C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Start Menu\Programs

Colin Barnhorst

You can also pin it to the start menu by right clicking on the calculator
icon in Accessories and choosing Pin to Start Menu.

Tom

But that won't work if they have "Classic Start Menu" running, as opposed to
the Start menu.

Tom said:
Click start/programs/accessories scroll to Calculator, right click on it,
choose 'send to', then Desktop (create shortcut).

You can also create it in your Quicklaunch as a shortcut, that way you
can use it while in another window other then the Desktop.

David Candy

I just type calc in Start Run

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/

--
Bill Allen

Click start/programs/accessories scroll to Calculator, right click on it,
choose 'send to', then Desktop (create shortcut).

You can also create it in your Quicklaunch as a shortcut, that way you
can use it while in another window other then the Desktop.

Colin Barnhorst

Clickers and scriptors are to computers what squeezers and rollers are to
toothpaste tubes. No common ground!

Tom said:
How can I create a shortcut so that I can open up my calculator, either
by
going to my desktop or my start menu; preferably both? I run windows
xp.
Thanks!
--
Bill Allen

Click start/programs/accessories scroll to Calculator, right click on
it,
choose 'send to', then Desktop (create shortcut).

You can also create it in your Quicklaunch as a shortcut, that way you
can use it while in another window other then the Desktop.

David Candy

But one then click Staret - Run, down arrow, calc. It's easier with a mouse than the start menu access.

Colin Barnhorst said:
You can also pin it to the start menu by right clicking on the calculator
icon in Accessories and choosing Pin to Start Menu.

How can I create a shortcut so that I can open up my calculator, either
by
going to my desktop or my start menu; preferably both? I run windows
xp.
Thanks!
--
Bill Allen

Click start/programs/accessories scroll to Calculator, right click on
it,
choose 'send to', then Desktop (create shortcut).

You can also create it in your Quicklaunch as a shortcut, that way you
can use it while in another window other then the Desktop.

Colin Barnhorst

Not when pinned to the Start Menu. Start - click. Are you a squeezer or a
roller? No one does both. :)