Windows 7 C++ Error Wind 7

Reaction score
Hey I just installed windows 7 on my computer but I keep getting this error whenever I try to right click on my desktop:

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
File: dtoxt64.c
Line: 67

Expression: ((( long )(year-1900 ) >=_BASE_YEAR) && (( long ) (yr-1900 ) ,=_MAX_YEAR64 ))

For more info on how youyr program can cause an assertiion failuer, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

I saw that the date on my comp was the year like 8,690 so I changed that but this message still keeps popping up. Thanks for any help!!! =)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
As you've just installed it i'd say just format and reinstall it again. Maybe a bugged install the first time?

Will be quicker and easier trying to fix it.

Reaction score
NOooooo =(, is there any other way? I'd be fine taking a slightly longer route I really don't want to have to re-install everything.

Reaction score
Also if I do re install it would that mean that I have to isntall all my drivers again? It's a custom built CPU

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You said ' I just installed windows 7 on my computer'

I took that to mean you had just done a fresh install of Win7 on your pc.... I take it you have had it installed a while?

What drivers? Win7 is very good at taking care of that. Should only need to worry about your GFX dervers tbh.

Reaction score
Just mother board as well as graphics card. And it's been maybe like a week that I have had it but I put a lot on it in that week. So there is no other solution and I just have to reinstall wind7?

Thanks for all the help so far btw =-)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Ask a Question