C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService

Reaction score
i dontt know if that folder needed, cz i think some software are created that folder. many thank

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
i think some software are created that folder
You would be right, i believe they call this software Windows. ;)

On a more serious note, why you want to delete them? *Its no wonder MS hide them by default is it.... :/

Last edited:
Reaction score
i see that folder abaut two days ago. i dont see it before, so i guess i want to delete. i have a trouble when i klik lnk and any menu will not run and only open properties. i see even viewer and i find solution
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/dd441788.aspx

To resolve this error, delete the following registry keys:

...(1)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions\]

(2)
{7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} = Internet Explorer User Accelerators

(3)
{CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} = Internet Explorer Machine Accelerators

Question, is that mean delete the number 1 or only number 2 and 3. thank)
i dont install/uninstall ie8 before.
i delete the reg but sometime the trouble coming back, i only want to clean my pc but dony know how

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
i see that folder abaut two days ago. i dont see it before, so i guess i want to delete.

Those two folders are there for a reason, and should NOT under any circumstances ever be deleted.

And quite honestly if you don't understand anything about the registry then don't go about deleteing any keys. Your best option would be doing a repair install of your OS, Simple as that.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Gagal, seriously, how much space are the two folder taking up? Why do you need to delete them so bad?

Heres a tip:

1. Go to My Computer
2. Click Tools in the menu in Windows Explorer
3. Click Folder Options, Click the View tab.
4. Under Hidden files and folders, click Don't show hidden files and folders.
5. Then tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)

Result, they have gone. ;) Have a nice day. :)

Reaction score
only 573 and 230kb. is not about space but im just suspicius because i try many software, uninstall and many folder left.
up there my question is may i delete or not, cz i've never seen that folder before.
my problem is when i klik left/rite/middle on start menu, shortcut, everything on taskbar and desktop not respond. i see on even viewer, error event ID 1041. then i follow instruct from here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/dd441788.aspx to delete reg keys. but the still comes, sometime.
so i install/uninstall software that usualy i use one per one to find who makes the problem. i guess adblockplus old version cause it.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
only 573 and 230kb. is not about space but im just suspicius because i try many software, uninstall and many folder left.
up there my question is may i delete or not, cz i've never seen that folder before.
my problem is when i klik left/rite/middle on start menu, shortcut, everything on taskbar and desktop not respond. i see on even viewer, error event ID 1041. then i follow instruct from here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/dd441788.aspx to delete reg keys. but the still comes, sometime.
so i install/uninstall software that usualy i use one per one to find who makes the problem. i guess adblockplus old version cause it.

Evan Davis said:
Those two folders are there for a reason, and should NOT under any circumstances ever be deleted.

Thoose two folders are related to background services and shouldn't even be able to see them. Did you try do what V_R suggest ?
By the sounds of all the troubles you are having I wuld seriously suggest doing a repair install. It is your best option. Again DO NOT delete those two folders..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if they were deleted?

Possibly bye bye Windows or, maybe, hello a severely impaired Windows.

Go on, delete them, give us all a laugh :)

'Flops, you can't say that, shut up'

'Why not?'

'Well. it ain't responsible'

'But I'm not a responsible fellow'

'Fair nuff'

Hey, Lady Gaga L, listen to what the other peeps are saying, do not listen to me :)

Ask a Question