Buy Shares In Paper Manufacturers

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
My missus has a few shares in HBOS (no, don't laugh) acquired when there was some demutualisation or other. There has been a lot in the press recently about HBOS being taken over by LloydsTSB and shareholders are being asked to vote on it.

Well, today we received the paperwork related to the vote. There was a 349 (yes, three hundred and forty nine) page "booklet", A4 size pages, printed on both sides along with another 20 page booklet in the mail this morning. :eek: They seriously expect the shareholders to actually read this lot and, what's more, understand it all. As you can imagine, it's all in Legalese and totally incomprehensible. When I think how long it takes me to read a 349 page novel (which I will be interested in and understand) it would take months to read through this.

Talk about saving the planet ! What an absolute waste of time, effort and paper. It will be going straight in the paper recycling along with hundreds of thousands of copies all over the country.

You have to laugh. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Haha, silly isn't it! How on earth does it take 349 pages to explain something like that :eek:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Sadly its a requirement in law to give Shareholders every bit of info in such cases - however I know with certain institutions you can elect to get Annual Reports etc online and hence save the amount of paper.

Perhaps a concerned HBOS shareholder should bring this up at the meeting :)

Ask a Question