BSOD QUESTION

Forest

What is the stop code 124. one place says its a hardware issue for the sound
card, the other says it's for the video card. where do, and how do i use a
debugging software to figure this out.

thanks

Forest

Malke

Forest said:
What is the stop code 124. one place says its a hardware issue for the
sound card, the other says it's for the video card. where do, and how do i
use a debugging software to figure this out.

I answered your post in the other newsgroup to which you posted. As I said
there, "stop code 124" is meaningless and you would need to provide far more
information for anyone to help you.

If you wish to pursue this, please pick *one* of the multiple threads you
started. See below for why multiposting will get you *less* help rather than
more:

http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting

If you have forgotten where you posted or can't find your post, use Google
Groups Advanced Search and search for your name.

Malke

R. C. White

Hi, Forest.

On the RARE occasion when you MUST post the same question to more than one
newsgroup, please crosspost, don't multipost.

That means, do not send identical messages to the multiple groups. Just
compose a single message, then put both (all?) the newsgroup names into the
"Newsgroups" box in the Compose window. This way, your single message will
show up in each of those newsgroups, but when I've read it in one, it will
be marked "Read" - for me - in all of them, so I won't be reading it over
and over.

The payoff for you is that all the responses from all the newsgroups well
appear as a single coherent thread, and the whole thread will be in each of
those newsgroups; you won't have to check each of them for responses. ;<)

Remember: Don't multipost. Crosspost.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA