Windows 7 BSOD - KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm very new to Windows 7 x64 so please forgive me.

For a few months now i have had a BSOD. I've managed to write down the last error (experienced last night) if anyone can help at all?

After hard rebooting (at least 6-7 times after the BSOD) i have managed to run the computer, although it was only recognising the C: drive - the 2 CD/DVD drives i have were no-where to be seen. On previous BSOD i have hard-rebooted, and windows eventually comes on line, sometimes with the extra drives, sometimes without, sometimes with multile listings of the same drives, I then reboot and they reappear.

I ran a chkdsk (which took about 5 hours i think) 3 days ago (my previous BSOD) and it came back with no errors. I'm worried that its a hardware/SATA issue. I'm under warranty still, so may take the machine back to investigate further, but if i can be armed with any information, i would gratefuly appreciate it.

Here are the details:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Stop: 0x0000007A (0xFFFFF8A001C4010, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0X000000003E76D8C0, 0XFFFFF88009CA0000)
Failed with Status: 0xc0000185

Also, I'm worried that the motherboard i have was one of those dodgy sandybridge i5's that came out at the end of last year (computer was purchased at beginning of Jan brand new). I've been assured in an email by the supplier that "all the units that were shipped to them have been recalled and replaced"; if this is a SATA issue, this seems suspiciously linked.

I've managed to run a few hardware diagnostic programs like Belarc and CPUID and its an AsusP8 H67-M-EVO with a B2 chipset.

There appears to be some conflicting information about weather this chipset still carries the defunct problems of the old B1 sandybridge that was recalled: and Asus say in their warranty information that this unit can be returned.

I ran Asus SATA verification tool to determine what SATA ports i was running on:

I am running on: SATA3G_3; SATA3G_4 ; and SATA3G_5 (which according tothe tool, it does NOT recommend that i run on)
I recommends that i run on SATA6G_1 and SATA6G_2

Armed with this information, should i be going back to my supplier and asking to change the motherboard?

Many thanks.

Owl.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
aye, go back to the supplier under warranty

all indicators are, you need to replace the 'faulty' HD

wouldn't hurt to ask for a new MB, or, a new system. :)

I really am not fond of Asus these days. :rolleyes:

oh, welcome to PCReview. :D

Ask a Question