Brother MFC-4550 Plus driver not working with Vista

Any ideas on how to get the Windows Vista Home Premium(64-bit) "built in"
driver for a Brother MFC-4550 Plus to work ? I have called Brother and
they throw up their hands and say it is Microsoft who needs to resolve this
problem - Brother also says that the MFC-4550 Plus needs the "BMFC virtual
port" for this to work.

Thanks Alan! You are correct. The BMFC port was NOT created when I plugged
the device in - however, the Brother MFC-4550 Plus is a PARALLEL port
connection.

Alan Morris said:
I'll send this to the Brother driver developer here. I take it the BMFC
port was not created when you plugged the device into the USB port.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

CG-Jenkintown said:
Any ideas on how to get the Windows Vista Home Premium(64-bit) "built in"
driver for a Brother MFC-4550 Plus to work ? I have called Brother and
they throw up their hands and say it is Microsoft who needs to resolve
this
problem - Brother also says that the MFC-4550 Plus needs the "BMFC virtual
port" for this to work.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Brother sent me mail that they do not support this device on x64