Borwsing Shared drives

Glen

I have question for y'all. I have 2 win 2k machines on a
small home network and on one of the win 2k machines,
windows explorer will hang trying to browse a shared
drive. I can map drives with this machine but it hangs
when opening a folder on the shared. This occurs when the
one win 2k machine tries to browse another win 2k
machines shared drive.

Thanks

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Hi Glan,

First test I would do is to disable any antivirus and then try your borwsing the reosurce. If this
does not work, then uninstall you antitirus and try again. Also make sure you do not have any
firewall applications installed on the client machine.

If the above do not work, then check for any spy ware or ad ware prorams on the machine. It
almost sounds like the machine is moving slow and could be because of programs like
theses.

Boot the system into Safe Mode with Networking and see if you have the same issue. If not,
then it is something that is loading when you boot into normal mode.

Thanks,
Gary
--------------------
'--'From: "Glen" <[email protected]>
'--'Sender: "Glen" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Borwsing Shared drives
'--'Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:47:31 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'
'--'I have question for y'all. I have 2 win 2k machines on a
'--'small home network and on one of the win 2k machines,
'--'windows explorer will hang trying to browse a shared
'--'drive. I can map drives with this machine but it hangs
'--'when opening a folder on the shared. This occurs when the
'--'one win 2k machine tries to browse another win 2k
'--'machines shared drive.
'--'
'--'Thanks
'--'

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.