Booters In Chat Rooms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Somtimes i use Yahoo chat.. but in some rooms you just keep getting booted.. does anyone know of any free way of stopping this... or of bieng able to take your revenge on those that do.. i find it unfair and it spoils your evening....

Yahoo chat i must admit is getting boring... just argueing or bigheadedness.. i think i should just give it a wide miss.. its just these smug Script Kiddies... really make your blood boil...

Im comming to the conclusion that yahoo is junk..

What is booting anyway.. and how does it work??.. and how do they get away with it?.. is there any effective measure against it?

Perhaps chat rooms just waste your time, im beggining to feel that way...

All help would be welcome....

Anyone with any suggestions, help, links, ideas, thoughts, comments about booting.. please reply

Thank You

Reaction score
i have met some cool people on Yahoo chat and i regulary text and use MSN with them. Its a great way of making mates be they local or abroad!

i dont understand what you mean by booted - i have never been randomly kicked... are you sure its not at your end?

Reaction score
Chris.. nope not at my end... Booters run some sort of software and can kick you from the chat client.. dont ask me how.. perhaps by sending automated PM's or running some sort of script... ask your friends in yahoo chat.. if they have met any booters... its really annoying

Im thinking of giving it up anyway.. its just frustrateing

Reaction score
Chris the alternative one?.. how do i do that..
I know that you can't be booted if you use a chat client like cheeta chat to log into yahoo (well as far as i know anyway)... but the bad thing with this is you can't get voice..

Reaction score
see attachment

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 2,533
Last edited:
Reaction score
Ahh ok chris.. i see what you mean now... Java.. i think i have problems with this .. ill give it another go though....

Chris lol i like the writing.... hehee looks like somthing from the Ghostly Manor.. scribbled on the wall... lol

Thanks Matey I'll give it a try sometime.. :)

Reaction score
Yeah it is set by default to Java so try chat 2.0 - you may find that will work.

Lol - try writing in paint with a mouse... its impossible!!!!!!

No probs mate, hope it works!

chris

Reaction score
Booters

Yes indeed there are booters using scripts to NUKE,BOOT, CRASH, PING and tie up your connection to Yahoo and your ISP. These people are true JackArses, and your are right they do need to be stopped. There are a few antiboot programs available, and 2 known yahoo alternative messengers that allow you to chat with your yahoo friends, and use Yahoo chat.
One that I have seen a lot of is YahElite
you can find it at www.yahelite.org
another is YCHAT bridge through y-tunnel
Hackers, and crack-hedz have found horrendous ways around YTunnel and Ytunnel pro(paid version). Your best bet is Yahelite and JAVA version of messenger.
As for teaching these bozos a lesson I recommend using a boot script on them. Make sure you read up on how to use it properly because most will boot u and the booter. Some have been tweaked to so that you can remain in the chat room.
Scripts are used by those buttheadz who use ads and bots in Yahoo chat rooms. So no you are not imagining this. What happened to you happens way too often on yahoo chat, and it's about time good people did something about it.

SOME QUICK TIPS:
Keep your IP hidden (if using Ytunnel free version you can enable this feature)
Never allow your "Idle" status to be viewed
Never accept pm's from those not on your buddy list.
Under your privacy settings enable this feature by selecting the button that reads:
"Ignore messages from anyone not on your buddy list"
Tell people in chat to talk to you in main room and ask first before sending a private message. Tell them you will contact them.
Don't let just anyone add you. Often the booter is right on your list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
some good tips snakey thanks you got a link to the boot thing :D well actually it might not be allowed :-X

Reaction score
silly question

but do u use yahoo messenger to get into ur chat room?

try it with this
ignore and laugh at me if u already do!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ive never been booted from a chat room, course i never use one :)

Reaction score
I co-managed a 500 member community on MSN years ago ... up to 1000 unique surfers comin' and goin' week to week. I don't even have a clue if they still use those gold and brown hammers anymore, because I'm married now, and have a different life so-to-speak.

It was a great time ... and for some, it is their world ... every morning the same people in at the same time every day... sipping on a tea or coffee and reviewing the latest news (perhaps no different than here).

It could be said that it is complicated running one of these things - running bots and manual kicks for the foul-mouthed, banning stalkers, break-up soap operas between lovers, scraps between members about this or that, scandalious warfare between rooms trying to vie for a better community, and complaint upon complaint about ever known social problem under the sun that can occur between human beings comes to your attention to deal with.

And in between, great friendships and relationships.

If the room abuses its so-called power to administrate ... boot it from the list of rooms you frequent.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Good point Oilnetcom. I have never used a chat room, it doesn't really 'do it' for me but I agree, moderators should play fair and straight and if they don't, then perhaps look elsewhere??

Love

Gabs x

Reaction score
lawnmower

Tried a couple chat rooms some time ago, but gave up in frustration. I am not too quick at typing so by the time I went to add my twopenith everyone was talking about something else. To end it all I was in a room that should have been talking about outer space after a television programme, you have never heard anything like the gobble-dee-gook that was going on and in frustration I posted a message, which went something like "I thought I was going to be involved in an intelligent conversation". The only problem was I spelt intelligent wrongly, you can imagine the replies I received !!!

Reaction score
Booters

A boot program is a program that illegaly attempts to disrupt the victim user's chatting experience. Yahoo and similar Messenger programs have what is called a "buffer" A buffer is a space in the programs software which uses memory for its uses. When you send an Instant Message, you use a "TINY" part of the buffer. Think of the buffer as the gas tank of a car. Think of a booter like filling up the gas tank with 10 times the gas it could possibly hold. Once you fill that "buffer" the program crashes or stops responding because it is "maxxed out" or "booted" by a rediculous number of Instant Messages that are bogus being recieved at one time waaay too fast. Most booters dont know how much of a security risk they pose to them selves by using boot programs themselves. Booters are like drugs. they screw someone over, but they also can be laced. If you dont know your dealer, you dont know the source. Many of these booters contain trojans, viruses, or exploits that just give a joyride fieldtrip for the authors of these downloaded programs. (basially the wanna-be hackers are often HACKED by the real hackers ) so this strange phoenomenon of booting is a never ending cycle of security threats and danger for internet users on all levels.

Bottom line if you want to chat do NOT use Yahoo Messenger to chat in Yahoo Chat rooms. Download "YmLite" or "Yzak" as alternative chat clients. You can google their official website locations on google.com Ymlte is free and is about 99% unbootable. It has tons of wonderful features that Yahoo WILL NEVER GIVE YOU. In short it is the end all to a problem that yahoo fails to fix. As long as chat is free, you can guarantee there will be issues. You get what you pay for.

I personally rarely chat. I actually use a Voice Over IP program called Ventrilo. I am the CEO of a pc gaming company and I have a Voice server that is DVD quality and there is no possible way to be booted, hacked or attacked in any way. To find out more , email me at (e-mail address removed) with the subject "VENTRILO HELP"

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question