Boot problems, Please help

GaryLog

When I first start up my PC, it goes thru all of the start-up bios and
then before it goes to the windows XP strolling screen I get a screen
that says that I have to pick my operating system as follows:

Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Professional Tune-up backup
Windows XP Professional 64 bit version
Windows default

It is always highlighted on Windows default, If I don't do anything it
just reboots. I can scoll up to Windows XP Professional and then hit
enter and it will boot into my windows.

Note: I had Windows XP Professional 64 bit installed at one time on
another harddrive but I now have Windows Vista Ulitmate installed
there. I just go to bios and change the drive boot to get Windows
Vista.

I have gone to the My Computer properties and then Advanced, startup
and recovery, then I went to edit and this is what my boot-notepad
says.

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=signature(1eb7615e)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer /tutag=T4QYE7
/kernel=TUKernel.exe
Professional (TuneUp Backup)" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer
/tutag=T4QYE7-BAK /kernel=tukernel.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional
x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer

I have tried to make a few changes and I messed it all up to where I
had to do a system re-store to fix my mess-up,
Please help me fix this issue so that my system will boot to the
Windows XP Professional without me having to keep moving from windows
default to Windows XP Professional all the time. This is a real pain in
the AAAAA
Thanks for your help
GaryLog

Mark Ritchie

Gary,

If you put your windows XP CD rom in the drive and boot from it you may be
some things that can help you if you go into the recovery console.

Firstly, you can run bootcfg find info on it here
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...proddocs/en-us/bootcons_bootcfg.mspx?mfr=true

If that doesn't work you can rebuild your boot partition, with fixmbr or
fixboot, here is some info one these

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/.../proddocs/en-us/bootcons_fixmbr.mspx?mfr=true
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...proddocs/en-us/bootcons_fixboot.mspx?mfr=true

Good luck!

Mark Ritchie

**************************************
Computer Problems Dragging you Down?
Let us Fix it for you quickly and remotely!
http://www.livetechsupport.ca
(866)730-5403
**************************************

http://tinyurl.com/rslsn

If that doesn't work you can rebuild your boot partition, with fixmbr
or
fixboot, here is some info one these

http://tinyurl.com/ot3wc
http://tinyurl.com/oo3gy

Good luck!

Mark Ritchie

**************************************
"GaryLog" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

[...]

I tried what you said and I still have the same problem, below is what
the boot-notepad
says.

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer /tutag=T4QYE7
/kernel=TUKernel.exe
Professional (TuneUp Backup)" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer
/tutag=T4QYE7-BAK /kernel=tukernel.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional
x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer

Ricky

Try going to start..run..msconfig..boot.ini tab and click check all boot
paths and see if that helps.

GaryLog said:
I tried what you said and I still have the same problem, below is what
the boot-notepad
says.

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer /tutag=T4QYE7
/kernel=TUKernel.exe
Professional (TuneUp Backup)" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer
/tutag=T4QYE7-BAK /kernel=tukernel.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional
x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer

I solved my issue at Microsoft site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058, Thanks for your help