Bookmark question

Stuart

With a new document, I insert one bookmark at the start of line1, and
another just after the middle of line1.

When I then enter some value against the 1st bookmark,
the 2nd bookmark is displaced to the right.

Can I 'fix' that 2nd bookmark, please?

Regards.

Pop

I'm not sure what you mean, or why you'd have two bookmarks so close
together, but if you attach the bookmarks to a word or phrase, it should
stay with that word or phrase, and move with it. Highlight the word or
phrase, and Insert Bookmark. Is that what you're doing or do I
misunderstand?

TF

Stuart

What are you trying to achieve? This sounds a very strange request and we
may be able to suggest some better ways to achieve this.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: When I then enter some value against the 1st bookmark,
: the 2nd bookmark is displaced to the right.
:
: Can I 'fix' that 2nd bookmark, please?
:
: Regards.
:
:

Stuart

Not having used bookmarks before, I just had the idea in my head that they
were somehow tied to their insertion point in the document, and wouldn't be
displaced.

What I was actually doing was inserting a sequence of bookmarks to establish
some structure in the document, then going back and typing values against
them. That's when I discovered they moved.

Guess I need to type my values as I go along.

Regards and thanks.

TF

OK. Understood. Good luck.

terry

: Not having used bookmarks before, I just had the idea in my head that they
: were somehow tied to their insertion point in the document, and wouldn't
be
: displaced.
:
: What I was actually doing was inserting a sequence of bookmarks to
establish
: some structure in the document, then going back and typing values against
: them. That's when I discovered they moved.
:
: Guess I need to type my values as I go along.
:
: Regards and thanks.
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Stuart
: >
: > What are you trying to achieve? This sounds a very strange request and
we
: > may be able to suggest some better ways to achieve this.
: >
: > --
: > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > http://word.mvps.org/
: >
: > : > : With a new document, I insert one bookmark at the start of line1, and
: > : another just after the middle of line1.
: > :