Bookmark page rather than bookmark site

I've added a 'bookmark' capability to my border using the following very
simple code:

<a
href="javascript:window.external.addFavorite('http://www.mysite.com','my
title');">

The problem is that this bookmarks the site. I would like to have the
facility where it would bookmark the page. In other words, some code that I
could put into the banner, and whenever anyone clicked on it, would bookmark
whatever page they are at.

Is this possible?

If you bookmark different areas of your site, then you can go to those
particular bookmarks. Say you have a News page with an article about sports,
bookmark that article with #sports and then change your bookmark code to:

<a
href="javascript:window.external.addFavorite('http://www.mysite.com/news.htm/#sports','my

Steve Easton

The bookmark script would need to be in the page, not the border.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP-MVP]

Yes, just change the script like this:
document.title);">

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Bookmark page rather than bookmark site
Subject: Bookmark page rather than bookmark site

I've added a 'bookmark' capability to my border using the following very
simple code:

<a
href="javascript:window.external.addFavorite('http://www.mysite.com','my
title');">

The problem is that this bookmarks the site. I would like to have the
facility where it would bookmark the page. In other words, some code
that I could put into the banner, and whenever anyone clicked on it,
would bookmark whatever page they are at.

Is this possible?

Jens

Thank your very very much. Works perfect. Now, by putting this in my header,
all my pages automatically have an individual bookmark. As my site spans a
number of topics, this is a real bonus.

Doug
===============================

I tried this code out on my Frontpage website and in Preview mode it says
there is an error and doesn't work. Is this just because it is in Preview
mode? I don't have a server yet to upload my site too in order to test it.
Below is exactly how I have the code:

document.title);">Add to Favorites</a>

Steve Easton

Try this:

<script type = "text/javascript">
<!--
if ((navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE") > 0)
&& (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4)) {
document.write("<U>
<SPAN STYLE='color:blue;cursor:hand;'
onclick='window.external.
AddFavorite(location.href, document.title);'>
Add this page to your favorites</SPAN>
</U>");
}
//-->
</script>

--

Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
Yes, just change the script like this:
document.title);">

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Bookmark page rather than bookmark site

I've added a 'bookmark' capability to my border using the following very
simple code:

<a
href="javascript:window.external.addFavorite('http://www.mysite.com','my
title');">

The problem is that this bookmarks the site. I would like to have the
facility where it would bookmark the page. In other words, some code
that I could put into the banner, and whenever anyone clicked on it,
would bookmark whatever page they are at.

Is this possible?

David Berry

See the sample script at
http://javascript.internet.com/miscellaneous/bookmark-page.html