Windows XP Blue Screen of Death

Reaction score
I've been having recurring BSOD errors on my laptop, which is an IBM running Windows XP. The error reports mention files like WER895d.dir00\mini072708-01.dmp, WER98d.dir00\sysdata.xml, then another one mentioned WER990e.dir00\mini072808-1.dmp, and another WER9b82.dir00\sysdata.xml.... Sometimes I don't have enough time to write everything down before it crashes again.
I don't know much about this sort of stuff, but I searched some forums and found advice given to others.

I have tried restoring Windows to the earliest date possible, which didn't help. I also tried the suggestion of booting up in safe mode and deleting everything in the minidump folder. This didn't work either. Another suggestion was to delete folder WER(and whatever the attachment to that was in the error), but I can't find these even with a search.

Please help!!

Thanks,
Erin

Reaction score
Hi Erin

Go and download Superantispyware and Spybot and runb the 2 and see if you pic up any threats/viruses and if the problem persists after you have run these..I have ahd a look around and can't find anything about what these errors might be..

Reaction score
I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and killed some stuff but now I can't run anything to completion before the computer crashes again :(

Reaction score
Those files are just dump and error log files created.

What we need to know is what executable or dll crashes.

Sorry :(

Ask a Question