Block Attachment

Using Outlook 2002. I downloaded a File From the Kodak Web Site on a friends
Computer that was a ".exe" file which is a level 1 file. I need that file
and requested my friend to send the file to me as an attachment. Outlook
2002 blocked the attachment.

I know the file is safe. Is there any way that I can get this file sent to
me as an attachment to an E-Mail using Outlook?

PaulD

in message
:
: I know the file is safe. Is there any way that I can get this file sent
: me as an attachment to an E-Mail using Outlook?

Did you try changing the extension before emailing?
Paul D

Yes...I had the sender change the file name by removing the ".exe".......but
when I went to open it I got the message Outlook Blocked the File......the
attachment Icon does appear in the received e-mail and it has the .exe in its
file name....but you see the message Outlook Blocked the potentionally
harmful file and when you try to open the attachment....nothing happens.

PaulD

changing the extension to .bak has worked for me to gmail clients, did not
test this with Outlook

: "PaulD" wrote:
:
: > "denmarfl" wrote in message
: > : Using Outlook 2002. I downloaded a File From the Kodak Web Site on a
: > friends
: > : Computer that was a ".exe" file which is a level 1 file. I need that
file
: > : and requested my friend to send the file to me as an attachment.
Outlook
: > : 2002 blocked the attachment.
: > :
: > : I know the file is safe. Is there any way that I can get this file
sent
: > : me as an attachment to an E-Mail using Outlook?
: >