Blinking Hyperlink

I'm a web administrator for my school. I want to create a link on the home
page that blinks (flashes). How do I do that?

Mike Mueller

<blink></blink>

As such, it is a deprecated tag and nol longer supported by
IE.

: I'm a web administrator for my school. I want to create a
link on the home
: page that blinks (flashes). How do I do that?

Thomas A. Rowe

It was never supported by IE, it was a NS only tag, but you are correct in the NS6 and up no longer
support it.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

Use CSS, text-decoration: blink

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Mike Mueller

This also will only work in NS browsers and most likely will
be deprecated as well.

Mike

message : Use CSS, text-decoration: blink
:
: Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
:
: > Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
: > Conversation: Blinking Hyperlink
: > Subject: Blinking Hyperlink
: >
: >
: > I'm a web administrator for my school. I want to create
: > link on the home page that blinks (flashes). How do I
do that?
: >
:

Tom Pepper Willett

For a script that is multi-browser compatible, I recommend you Google for:

blinking text script
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
| I'm a web administrator for my school. I want to create a link on the
home
| page that blinks (flashes). How do I do that?

Linda R

Ben said:
I'm a web administrator for my school. I want to create a link on the home
page that blinks (flashes). How do I do that?

You could always do it as an animated GIF. :)

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

It will also work in Opera and Firefox.
It isn't deprecated.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Stefan B Rusynko

You will need an animation image editor

PS
Don't use any blinking text or images
- can cause harm to users w/ health problems (epilepsy)
--

| How does one do this, and insert it in a web page. Thank you Linda. Ben
|
| "Linda R" wrote:
|
| > Ben wrote:
| > > I'm a web administrator for my school. I want to create a link on the home
| > > page that blinks (flashes). How do I do that?
| >
| > You could always do it as an animated GIF. :)
| >
| > --
| > Linda Rathgeber
| > -----------------------------------------------------------------------
| > Fireworks RAZZLE DAZZLE & PHOTO MAGIC | www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
| > VICTORIANA | www.projectseven.com

Is there any Freeware or MS Download to get this program for my Windows XP?
Thanks. Ben

Dear Jens: What's "SS, text-decoration: blink"? Thank you. Ben

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
Use CSS, text-decoration: blink

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Blinking Hyperlink

I'm a web administrator for my school. I want to create a
link on the home page that blinks (flashes). How do I do that?

Ronx

That's CSS - Cascading Style Sheets
See www.w3schools.com for a tutorial.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
Use CSS, text-decoration: blink

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Blinking Hyperlink

I'm a web administrator for my school. I want to create a
link on the home page that blinks (flashes). How do I do that?

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

lots of free ones..do a google for: "gif animator" program free
or any other search variations you can think of.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

....you also need an image editor to create the 'tweens. Some image editors have gif animation ability built into them now, you may want to examine the image editor you're now using...you may have the ability and not know it!

lots of free ones..do a google for: "gif animator" program free
or any other search variations you can think of.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

short for "in-betweens" - start with an image, end with an image but you need to also create all the in-betweens ;-)
(an old animation term i believe)