Black Friday Sales

Reaction score
Tesco's website has crashed, people are fighting for bargins and it's not even December yet!!
Was going to bag myself a laptop in the sales, but the "bargins" dont seem that great.
So anyone going to hit the sales later and get as the radio just said a "bargin of the century"?

Reaction score
Seems it was manic at local Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda/Argos/PC World etc @ 0700 today.
And most if not all had major problems with their websites with the amount logging on.
My bargin laptop is sold out and not going to be back in stock before Black Friday ends.
The Boxing Day sales should be most interesting now!!!

Reaction score
:mad:Do we have to follow the US in everything it started with Halloween then Thanks Giving (a calibration to celebrate the defeat of the British Army in the Colonies) Now Black Friday, what else is going to happen are we going to have the $ as currency depose the Queen and have a president. Don't we have enough of our own traditions. Baaa Humbug:eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
:mad:Do we have to follow the US in everything it started with Halloween then Thanks Giving (a calibration to celebrate the defeat of the British Army in the Colonies) Now Black Friday, what else is going to happen are we going to have the $ as currency depose the Queen and have a president. Don't we have enough of our own traditions. Baaa Humbug:eek:

I believe the expression is 'Right on' good sir.

I have expressed similar sentiments in a thread elsewhere here.

Black Friday? Pah! Go for a walk, visit or phone a friend, take a cup of coffee - anything but fall into their trap to make you part with your cash (and notice it's cunningly close to that time of year when most folk usually spend more money than usual).

I say again: Pah!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
24wznfl.jpg

Reaction score
Cyber Monday on 1st December is the next big sale???
And then Boxing Day, New Years Day, Easter, Summer & Late Summer Bank Holiday.:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
FWIW my friend Karen tells me she found a 'bargain' TV on 'Black Friday' reckons she saved a fortune.

So I suppose if an individual was searching for something specific then savings are possible.

But most folk, I suspect, on being told it's a sale, search for 'bargains' they don't really need.

Ask a Question