BioShock Patch v1.1

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There's a new BioShock patch out that fixes a few in game bugs:

http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/support/

Changes:
  • Added compatibility with Matrox TripleHead2Go - Allows Bioshock users to play in Surround Gaming Mode across 3 screens simultaneously
  • Added rendering support for TripleHead2Go
  • Added the following plasmids and gene tonics: Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom 2, Eve Saver, Machine Buster, Machine Buster 2, Vending Expert, Vending Expert 2
  • Added an Option to disable the Vita-Chambers for added difficulty.
  • Changed behavior of subtitles so that inappropriate queuing is improved
  • Added support for a walk toggle keybind
  • Added Horizontal FOV Lock option
  • Atlas VO volume increased for German releases

Fixes:
  • Re-added the Human Inferno tonic which was missing from the retail release.
  • Fixed mouse acceleration issues
  • Fixed issue of subtitles not clearing correctly on occasion
  • Fix for a potential situation in Fort Frolic where taking a picture of Cobb is impossible if his body gets stuck behind a fallen pillar
  • Fixed subtitle timings to more accurately match the on screen audio
  • Fixed issue causing stuttering audio when using Windows Vista
  • Fixed issue with characters squirming and wiggling after death
  • Fixed blood decals and other projectors not showing up on ATI hardware
  • The "Use Creative EAX Audio" option is now greyed out when EAX-capable hardware is not present
  • Fixed audio issues stemming from having a Speaker Setting in Windows that was invalid for the current sound card
  • Fixed reserved keys not functioning properly when keys are unbound
  • Fixed multiple cases of keys not allowing a rebind
  • Removed erroneous "Reload" binding in a no-weapons context
  • Fixed incorrect Training Message concerning bots who are friendly to enemy AIs
  • Fixed incorrect Training Message when shooting a Mimic
  • Fixed refresh rate being locked at 60hz in DX10 mode
  • Fixed VSync disabling in DX10 mode

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Sweet, i will grab this when i can- more plasmids sounds like fun!

Reaction score
I think this game needs more than just a few new plasmids in order for me to want to play through it again. I've seen both endings, so there's just no replayability anymore. It could have really benefited from multiplayer or co-op, even if it was just a half ar**d effort thrown together at the last minute, it would do for me.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm with the sarg here, also seen both endings, in fact, i was thinking of putting it on the bay soon.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've only seen the one ending (the 'happy' one I think cos I saved all the little sisters) but I won't be playing it again in the near future.

I have patched the game though, FWIW.

Have to say though that I thoroughly enjoyed it while it lasted and it is a brilliant game.

I've found that I've often regretted selling off some games and think I'll hang on to Bioshock, I may just get a hankering to play it again in a year or two.

Right now I've really got a yearning to play Little Big Adventure 2 :)

I loved that game, never did finish it and sold it :( I managed to get a copy from an abandonware site but it won't run, even in Win 98. I think it's either corrupted or it needs Win 95, which probably means I have no chance.

Unless I load Win95 into VM Ware, hmmm...

I think I still have my set of floppies with Windows 3.1 and the Win 95 upgrade CD.

Anyway *cough* I'm waffling - Bioshock :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
sure ive seen both endings.... by my cound the good ending 3 times and the bad once. So i dont have any problems with the replay factor. You'd be surprised what you miss when you dont take it slow and really look around

Ask a Question