Bios Updated for 9800 Pro?

jj

Are there any BIOS updates for Radeon 9800 Pro 128? I can't seem to
find a BOIS download section on ATI's web site. Am new to ATI cards,
and just bought this one a week ago. Thanks.

jj

Todd Howard

Is there a reason you need to update your BIOS on your card?
"If it ain't broke.....don't fix it"
TH

Albert Pike

jj said:
Are there any BIOS updates for Radeon 9800 Pro 128? I can't seem to
find a BOIS download section on ATI's web site. Am new to ATI cards,
and just bought this one a week ago. Thanks.
Video cards need drivers. The BIOS updates are for your motherboard.
You want the latest CATALYST drivers (avail. at ATI's site)

Hellraiser

Albert Pike said:
jj <[email protected]> wrote in message
Video cards need drivers. The BIOS updates are for your motherboard.
You want the latest CATALYST drivers (avail. at ATI's site)

Video cards also have a BIOS, otherwise you'd see nothing on boot-up.

Hellraiser...........>

John Hall

Still, they aren't updated very often, and usually only to correct a
problem, not increase speed.

JK

Bratboy

Well I suppose it depends on what your looking for hehe. If you bought a np
and want to flash it to pro then go to the Rage3d forums there is a link in
a post called something like "How to flash a 9800np to 9800 Pro" In the
tweaks tweakers tweaking forum. I dont recall seeing any info on just a new
bios for the pro tho.

jj

Thanks for the info. You've answered my question. Just wanted to make
sure, since I'm a new ATI owner, that I wasn't missing anything, and
that there wasn't some BIOS update out there somewhere. Thanks again.

jj.
===