floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
How they going to move it?
Chop it up??
And how long before bit's of it appear on ebay.:rolleyes:

There's always one ain't there? :rolleyes:

I thought it was actually good to have a main news story running with a feelgood factor, we usually have to endure a load of crap each day in the news.

How they going to move it?

Half a dozen huge cranes, several thick canvas strap loops, lift it up.

Fit temporary undercarriage or a flatbed trolley affair, tow to repair hangar.

Next question.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is one hell of a lucky incident, how the engines went AND from what I undestand the avionics went down too. That really is a one in a million incident if all those failure occured. Ironically, I know a few people that designed the 777 avionics and electrical system, so I'm looking forward to seeing them ;)

All credit to the crew keeping their cool :thumb:

Edit : I've just seen on the news that even the RAT (Ram Air Turbine - basically a little wind turbine for emergancy power) failed to power the primary avionics systems :eek:

Reaction score
Wonder how many people have tried this same scenario on MS Flight sim in the last 24 hours?

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Possible causes at speculation stage are Fuel that was contaminated with water ? and 1,000,000-1 software glitches, it has an impeccable record.
Back to flops though to land a plane at 150mph at 600ft when power is lost is fantastic..and he didn`t even tell his mum all the facts...

Coward the BA hero :wave:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Ian

Ironically, I know a few people that designed the 777 avionics and electrical system, so I'm looking forward to seeing them ;)

Wooooooooooooowow, :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
Flying in two weeks time! ohhh knowz!

Don't worry they will have it patched up in time for your flight , lick of paint an it'll be right .

:p
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
From the BBC News:

Independent aviation safety expert David Gleave told the BBC what was now happening to the wreckage.

"They've jacked the aeroplane up so it's on big stands. They've put airbags underneath it and a whole series of railway sleepers, so now they can enter the aircraft and it's relatively safe," he said.

"It's not going to collapse and sag any more. They'll take a look underneath the aircraft.

"They may consider pulling the engines off the aircraft and sending those away to be stripped down and looked at in greater detail.

"They may take the luggage off, they may take the fuel off, in order to make the aeroplane as light as possible to move it."

Looks like Mucks was right about them jacks :)

Reaction score
Does this mean they were running out or the fuel was contaminated possibly my not draining vapour build up in the tanks?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks Rush.

From your link I found this link which I thought was interesting, a list of airlines banned from UK Air Space.

Buddy Holly Airlines Inc

Banned for poor safety records and procedures.

Planning a trip to the Congo? Best check which airline you're booked to :eek:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Same here flops Air Afghan requires a miss too :)
DR Congo rather take a matchstick down the piranha infested congan river with a spot looking for the local pharmacy m8

Last edited:
Reaction score
What a great prize in a competition that would have been.*

All expenses round trip to The Congo flying with either 'Free Airlines' or 'Safe Air Company'

Except both dont fly due to their appalling record of the small things in aviation, like maintenance, reliability, servicing, er i could go on!!

* Feckit: great way to recruit crunchers with a free holiday offer.:lol:

Ask a Question