Beating Exchange Server

B

Brad342

So I'll come right out with it. I'm trying to outsmart the MS Exchange server.

My organization provides email via Exchange 2007 server. There is a web interface; or, naturally, one can configure Outlook as the client.

For a number of reasons, I need to forward all incoming messages from this account to another, which I can check more frequently. The Exchange server is set to disallow this. Creating a rule through the web interface doesn't work. I thought I could create a rule in Outlook, leave Outlook running on my computer, and have it forward messages on whever it gets them, but this also doesn't work; I guess Outlook is communicating with the server to do this and getting denied.

Are there any other options? I started trying to create a macro that would maybe run independently of server communication, acting on new messages and forwarding them, but I'm not very familiar with the language. I'm using Outlook 2007.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

R

Roady [MVP]

There is no way to outsmart the Exchange Server in the automatic forwarding
process. If you want to automatically forward some emails you'll have to do
this via a different mail server which requires a custom programmed rule.

Ask a Question