BCM. Few questions re: Linking & adding fields.

F

frankieplus

I've been learning a bit about business contact manager for Outlook 2007 and have a few questions.

1. With outlook, I used to link appointements to my contacts via the 'contact link' on the bottom left of the appointement form.

Now that I've installed BCM, I have a new 'Link to record' tab in the ribbon which I'm assuming I should use that from now on.

To link appointements to my non-BCM contacts do I also use the new 'link to record' tab in the ribbon or do I use the old 'contact link' as I used to do before?

I have the two linking options now in my appointement form and am not sure if they are 'inter-usable' between non BCM contacts and BCM contacts.

Question: 2

Is it a good idea and safe to delete fields I don't use in the general/Details tabs? Is this even possible? Eg: I don't need 'departement' 'office' 'profession' 'manager's name' 'assistant' etc. Is it possible/good practise to delete that entire group?

Also. In the 'Source' pulldown under the 'Source information' Group. Can I go ahead and delete the fields in that pulldown?

Thanks and sorry for asking too many questions in the same post :)

-Frankie

B

Brian Tillman

I've been learning a bit about business contact manager for Outlook
2007 and have a few questions.

Ask them in the BCM newsgroup microsoft.public.outlook.bcm

Ask a Question