BCM 2007 Crashes Outlook when accessing Contact Historyover network?

M

M F

I recently upgraded to Office 2007. It is the enterprise edition which I found did not have business contact manager so I acquired it separately and installed. Everything works fine on my local machine (database located locally), but as soon as I set it up so my assistant can also access and update the BCM contacts' records (her machine connecting to mine over network) everything seems to work fine but as soon as one clicks on the e-mail history it crashes outlook and causes it to restart?

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I tried installing office 2007 enterprise and business contact manager 2007 on another new Vista machine. (2 previous laptops run XP) on the Vista desktop it worked to access the e-mail history for one day and then after rebooting it also started crashing Outlook whenever the e-mail history was access in business contact manager.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Thank you!

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

L

Luther

I recently upgraded to Office 2007. It is the enterprise edition which I found did not have business contact manager so I acquired it separately and installed. Everything works fine on my local machine (database located locally), but as soon as I set it up so my assistant can also access and update the BCM contacts' records (her machine connecting to mine over network) everything seems to work fine but as soon as one clicks on the e-mail history it crashes outlook and causes it to restart?

I tried installing office 2007 enterprise and business contact manager 2007 on another new Vista machine. (2 previous laptops run XP) on the Vista desktop it worked to access the e-mail history for one day and then after rebooting it also started crashing Outlook whenever the e-mail history was access in business contact manager.

Thank you!

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choicehttp://www.eggheadcafe.com

Does it crash all machines connecting to the database, or just one
particular machines?

Generally, for crashes, your best bet is Microsoft support. Crash
dumps get sent back to Microsoft to be analyzed. The more "popular" a
crash, the more likely it will get analyzed. Popularity will be a
combination of raw numbers--of users getting the crash--and whether
users engage MS support. If it turns out to be a problem in BCM, and
popular, then its likely to get fixed.

On the other hand, the problem may be with some other software, and
the fix may be as simple as reinstalling something. The devil is in
the details.

O

o0JoeCool0o

particular machines?

Generally, for crashes, yourbestbet is Microsoft support. Crash

the details.

you could try www.bizzvo.com its web based does Contact Management
Email Campaigns and Invoicing All free too!

B

Brian Lee

In my case, installing all the lastest patches, then creating a new Outlook profile solved the problem.

-Brian
www.relionsupport.com

M F wrote:

BCM 2007 Crashes Outlook when accessing Contact History over network?
15-Aug-07

Thank you!

Previous Posts In This Thread:

BCM 2007 Crashes Outlook when accessing Contact History over network?

Thank you!

Re: BCM 2007 Crashes Outlook when accessing Contact History over network?
On Aug 15, 9:17 am, M F wrote:

particular machines?

Generally, for crashes, your best bet is Microsoft support. Crash

the details.

Re: BCM 2007 Crashes Outlook when accessing Contact History over network?
you could try www.bizzvo.com its web based does Contact Management
Email Campaigns and Invoicing All free too!

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Build the IE WebControls Visual Studio Solution!
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...36-43240a86a57e/build-the-ie-webcontrols.aspx

Ask a Question