bbc iplayer movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No idea - I wouldn't think so at the moment (simply based on the fact I've not heard anything), but who knows ;)

They might integrate it into iTunes which would be interesting though!

Reaction score
Yes i have seen a couple of movies on the iplayer- notibly Dances with Wolves with Kevin Costner and What Women Want with Mel Gibson.....im guessing more will be coming

Reaction score
I've found movies, as listed, on the BBC and on iplayer but the odd thing is I can download the films onto my computer but not record them on my HD player nor catch up with them on my TV iplayer. Anybody out there who can shed some light on this odd state of affairs?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've found movies, as listed, on the BBC and on iplayer but the odd thing is I can download the films onto my computer but not record them on my HD player nor catch up with them on my TV iplayer. Anybody out there who can shed some light on this odd state of affairs?

They're probably encoded to stop you doing just that.

The iPlayer is intended, after all, for viewing only.

Reaction score
Yes I figured that as one explanation - concerning recording - but it doesn't really make sense concerning 'Catchup' especially as I can download them to my mac and they don't expire for a month or more. It seems inconsistent.

Reaction score
A lot of the movies are on BBC 4 which people don't seem to keep up with much.

Reaction score
No idea - I wouldn't think so at the moment (simply based on the fact I've not heard anything), but who knows ;)

They might integrate it into iTunes which would be interesting though!

I cannot, remotely, see BBC films being integrated into iTunes. It would make the whole thinking behind iPlayer pointless. Further the BBC prefers selling its films on DVD rather than as downloads - but if it did choose downloads [and you can download films to computer already for 1 - 3 months] it could simply add a 'Pay' feature to iPlayer.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I cannot, remotely, see BBC films being integrated into iTunes. It would make the whole thinking behind iPlayer pointless. Further the BBC prefers selling its films on DVD rather than as downloads - but if it did choose downloads [and you can download films to computer already for 1 - 3 months] it could simply add a 'Pay' feature to iPlayer.

That comment was made almost three years ago and probably does not relate to the current day.

Without wishing to appear like a jolly rood fellow - just what is your point? :)

Reaction score
That comment was made almost three years ago and probably does not relate to the current day.

Without wishing to appear like a jolly rood fellow - just what is your point? :)

:lol: My dear boy there is no point. What on earth possessed you to think otherwise?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
:lol: My dear boy there is no point. What on earth possessed you to think otherwise?

Hmm. And Hmm again.

A question answered with a question.

Classic cop out old son.

Dunno, really, seriously, I have no idea but folks posting stuff are usually in one of three camps:

1) I need help and I'm posting my prob here.
2) I have some sleazy product I'm trying to sell and I'm spamming.
3) I'm an attention seeker, humour me

There's possibly more but it is 00:39 right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question