Basci word 2007

Diane

When somebody sends me a email with attachment I can't save or download the
document to word. I have comcast as my provider.

I have Norton Anti Virus with Comcast.

When I try to download attachement to save or open . The Norton Anti Virus
screen comes up asking me what I want to do with this attachment. Then it
says I have no Virus with them. Then the file comes up but it doesn't tell
we how long it it going to take to open or save the document.

..

Gary VanderMolen

Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for
Windows Mail. First, be sure to disable its email scanning, for the
reason explained here:

Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. If so,
do a trial uninstall, followed by using their debris removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

If you decide to replace Norton, download and install this free program:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, another option is to upgrade to
Windows Live Mail, which is more resistant to the adverse effects of overly
intrusive antivirus products: http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)