baldurs gate

Reaction score
have tried EVERYTHING to get Baldurs Gate running on WindowsXP.Please help me as it is one of my favourite games.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you tell us a little bit more about the problem? How does it not run?

Reaction score
have tried compatibility mode[windows 95 and windows 98.When i go into windows explorer and click on SETUP.EXE windows tells me this file cannot be found.What am i doing wrong?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So you put the CD in, browse the CD and try to run setup.exe and it gives you that error?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi Ian

I have this game it is the original from 1998, I just recently retrieved it from my collection of games and installed it on my XP machine even though it is windows 95-98 it played flawlessly for over two hours, so not sure what the problem could be....but i couldn't believe it when it started without a hitch...

Looking on the web it looks like there may be a problem in config with this game running in compatability mode....but thats all i know...

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with AvP gold edition (LOVE THE GAME) when ever i select something on the menu (like start a game) the sounds in the background keep repeating, even in the game...
i really want to play the game again!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Alf said:
I have a similar problem with AvP gold edition (LOVE THE GAME) when ever i select something on the menu (like start a game) the sounds in the background keep repeating, even in the game...
i really want to play the game again!
Your 'problem', Alf, is the sound drivers and or 'looping' of the game ...

http://forums.bioware.com/viewforum.html?forum=11

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Not Baldurs Gate just Aliens Versus Predators

Ask a Question