Bad user experience for Outlook 2010

Cliff Wang

In the new Office 2010 PRO, I have met many problems. Microsoft needs
to improve Office 2010 user experience. Here are my complains.

1. Ribbon interface is the only choice. You cannot get back to the
old interface. For many business people changes are a disaster. Not
everyone can spend months to adopt a new system. Where is my Printer
Preview icon? Where is my recall function? I cannot waste time to
find the new function or learn the new interface. I want the old
interface back.

2. Nonsense message box. When I close an opened attachment file in a
message without any change, why do I need to confirm Save/Don't Save/
Cancel? That's very ridiculous.

3. Unintelligent process for replying emails. When I open an
attachment and change the content, I have to save the attachment first
and attach it back in an new email. This is very dull. You should
put an option to let people reply or forward the email. Who is going
to forward an email before they check if the attachments have to be
modified or not?

Why Microsoft cannot heard what people want? Innovation is good;
however, over reengineering is not good. Please think for the user
who has no time to learn a new system. Otherwise, why don't I try to
use Apple's products? Please provide solutions for them.

Graham Mayor

The ribbon has been available since Office 2007 and has been widely
discussed since then, so it should not have come as a surprise. It is not
going away and there are no plans to restore the Office 2003 menu system.
Office 2003 still works if you want the old interface.

Do you really believe that if you change over to Apple products that you
won't have a similar learning curve?

Cliff Wang

The ribbon has been available since Office 2007 and has been widely
discussed since then, so it should not have come as a surprise. It is not
going away and there are no plans to restore the Office 2003 menu system.
Office 2003 still works if you want the old interface.

Do you really believe that if you change over to Apple products that you
won't have a similar learning curve?

I know Ribbon has been available for years. However, Microsoft should
also hear many complains. I am not surprise Microsoft keep using
Ribbon interface. It improve the user experience for many users
especially new users. But how about some old users who don't want to
waste time on the new interface? Why Office 2010 doesn't have an
option for old menu system? Microsoft needs to listen its customers
voice. Actually Ribbon is only one of my complains. I complain those
things because I care about Microsoft and I am willing to keep using
Microsoft's products. Otherwise, I may just try other companies'
solutions. Hopefully Microsoft is listening.

Gordon

"Cliff Wang" wrote in message

. Not
everyone can spend months to adopt a new system. Where is my Printer
Preview icon? Where is my recall function? I cannot waste time to
find the new function or learn the new interface. I want the old
interface back.

If your application skills are REALLY that BAD then you should take a short training course.
You shouldn't take "MONTHS" to learn the Ribbon.

Cliff Wang

"Cliff Wang"  wrote in message
.  Not
everyone can spend months to adopt a new system. Where is my Printer
Preview icon?  Where is my recall function?  I cannot waste time to
find the new function or learn the new interface.  I want the old
interface back.

If your application skills are REALLY that BAD then you should take a short training course.
You shouldn't take "MONTHS" to learn the Ribbon.

Based on your idea people who have problem with Ribbon interface
should take a training course? Now I know why Microsoft hasn't been
doing well for years because Microsoft believes people should adapt
its software. Beside the Ribbon interface, how do you think other
things I mentioned? Should users compromise those NEW nonsense
designs? I still don't get it why people should adapt software; why
not software is designed for people?