Bad Desktop Problem

Nickolas

Unfortunatly this hasnt dont the trick anymore ideas please help?!!?!

'TaurArian [MVP said:
']Click on the Start button
Select Control Panel
Then select Performance and Maintenance/Adjust Visual Effects/"Use dro
shadows for
icon labels on the Desktop".
Classic - Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings
If this still doesn't do the trick, right-click the desktop, point t
Arrange Icons
By and make sure that Lock Web Items on Desktop is un-checked

"Nickolas" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Hi, my problem is this. I right clicked and copied a picture, then i
went to the desktop and right clicked and pressed paste. Now all me
icons have a border around them, this border is what ever colour the
desktop background color is, so now the icons stick out from whatever
the desktop wallpaper is and this is very annoying, can anyone tel
me
how a can remove this border?

Malke

'TaurArian [MVP said:
']Click on the Start button
Select Control Panel
Then select Performance and Maintenance/Adjust Visual Effects/"Use
drop shadows for
icon labels on the Desktop".
Classic - Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings
If this still doesn't do the trick, right-click the desktop, point to
Arrange Icons
By and make sure that Lock Web Items on Desktop is un-checked

"Nickolas" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Hi, my problem is this. I right clicked and copied a picture, then i
went to the desktop and right clicked and pressed paste. Now all me
icons have a border around them, this border is what ever colour the
desktop background color is, so now the icons stick out from whatever
the desktop wallpaper is and this is very annoying, can anyone tell
me
how a can remove this border?

Try a System Restore to before you did this.
Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
Restore my computer to an earlier time.

Malke

Nightowl

Nickolas said:
Unfortunatly this hasnt dont the trick anymore ideas please help?!!?!

Hi Nikolas

As well as having "Use drop shadows for icon labels" checked, and
Arrange Icons by > Lock Web items UN-checked;

~You mustn't have any web content on your desktop. Look in
Display Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web -- all the
checkboxes should be clear;

~Your wallpaper must be an image file, like .jpg or .bmp, not
html. It sounds like you may be using html wallpaper.

Hope this helps.