Backup not in Accessories/System Tools

stormbull

When opening Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools, I have been
told that one option should be "Backups". This does not appear as an
option under System Tools. How can I get this option back into the
System Tools? I have Windows XP, Home edition.

"Start" menu > Run > type "ntbackup" without quotes > Press Enter

If it runs fine. , you can get that shortcut back by navigating to the
directory c:\windows\system32\ [where c is your system drive] and then right
clicking ntbackup.exe and choosing create shortcut.
Now move that shortcut to system tools folder.

Will Denny

Hi

If you are running XP Home the backup utility isn't installed by default.
Have a look in the following folder on the XP CD:

valueadd\msft\ntbackup

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

stormbull

My windows XP was preinstalled by HP on my new computer so I don't have
a separate CD as I did when I had Windows 98. I do have the recovery
disks from HP but they don't have the "valueadd\msft\ntbackup" file on
it. How do I get the Windows XP home edition CD. My program is
legal.

stormbull

I pressed Start/Run typed in: ntbackup and clicked on OK. display
window said they could not find "ntbackup" and suggested I try search
for the file. I performed a search for "ntbackup" on both of my hard
drives (C & D). Any other ideas that might help me?

"Ayush" ayush[X]maan.j at gmail.com [ Remove [X] ] wrote in message
"Start" menu Run type "ntbackup" without quotes Press Enter
-

XP Home edition does NOT have NTBackup installed by default........

stormbull

Thank you. That did it! I downloaded it, opened it and it is now in m
hard drive. Thanks for your excellent suggestion. Very clear and t
the point.

Gordon

stormbull said:
Thank you. That did it! I downloaded it, opened it and it is now in my
hard drive. Thanks for your excellent suggestion. Very clear and to
the point.

You're welcome.