Backing Up Outlook Files

D

Don

Hi: I am having major computer problems ... I am having to send the CPU for repair ... having trouble making a PST file for back up in Outlook ... continues to crash ... I have to find a way to back up my contacts, e-mail, and other outlook information ... is there any way to find the file folders and copy them ... again my Outlook continues to crash when I try to access or do a normal export ... any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED ... thank you ...

Don ...

R

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Why would you try to export anything? Why do you think you need to "create"
a PST file? You already have an Outlook data file. Just copy it using
Windows Explorer. That's what everyone else does.

D

Don

Hi: I appreciate your reply. Unfortunately, I do not know the file you are talking about to back up. It is my understanding, ordinarily you are supposed to back up using the export feature with a pst file from the file menu. My problem is, the program keeps crashing. I am having to send the CPU back to the manufacturer to have it fixed, and I am afraid to lose all my Outlook data. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Don ...

Ask a Question