Ay Up

Reaction score
Ay up, errrm, i havnt got a clue what i am doing here really, i have a few probs with my computer.

1. i have installed ewido which got quarantined killerfiles trojan for me, but the shield keeps switching itself off.

2. every now and again my computer shuts itself down and re boots, then i get a message saying it has recovered from a serious error and i send my report in to microsoft.

could someone please help direct me to the correct topic section to find any of these problems may have already been posted and answered.

thank you.

Reaction score
oooooooo and if anyone can help me, could u please bear in mind that i have no pc knowledge at all, all i know is how to type, so pleeeease be patient with me, and u may need to answer me as if i am ten years old, i promise i shant say u are being patronising.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oh, I can be VERY patronising ... ;-)

huh oh!!! ... I was thinking of sending you to PCWorld for a Healthcare check-up, but then I remembered this post.

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-4289.php

... so in that light, pass me a nice new shiny £20 note and we'll do the job for you. :D

nod.gif

Oh, welcome to the Forums ... err, I think. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site :)

I'd do some of the things suggested in the 2nd post, here :

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2556614.php

It is probably a combination of spyware/viruses causing this, so once you have installed those recommended applications and run them we can rule out that possibility :)

Reaction score
Well thank u for yr replies, but...........i have borrowed this computer while i am waiting for a new ( new secondhand one) to be delivered off ebay. and when this computer arrived at my house, it had no anti virus, no spyware scanners, no firewall, no nothing. So i downloaded spybot and adaware, but when i tried to run them the computer kept re booting, so............i got scared and uninstalled them, then i got brave again and downloaded ewido, and ran it in safe mode, and it got loads of spyware including the killerfiles trojan, ooooooooooooooooooo i was pleased with me little old self, cus i am just a little old wrinklie grannie wo knows nowt about owt except typing. so......anyway, i have decided...........i shall leave this computer as it is for now, and when my NEW computer arrives would u be willing to advise me on what i need to download first as regards firewall, anti virus etc please.

:D :D :D ooooooooooo i am scared, i dont wanna get virus's on my new puter.

Reaction score
reply to super moderator

supermoderator.jpg

Trader Rating: (0)

icon4.gif
oh, I can be VERY patronising ... ;-)
huh oh!!! ... I was thinking of sending you to PCWorld for a Healthcare check-up, but then I remembered this post.

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-4289.php

... so in that light, pass me a nice new shiny £20 note and we'll do the job for you. :D

nod.gif

Oh, welcome to the Forums ... err, I think. ;)

eerrm thanks, but................why would u send me to pc world for a healthcare check up, there is nowt wrong with ME, nooooo tis my puter thats broken not ME.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
AMAZED said:
eerrm thanks, but................why would u send me to pc world for a healthcare check up, there is nowt wrong with ME, nooooo tis my puter thats broken not ME.
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Oh, you'll fit in just fine around here ...
nod.gif

:thumb:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Hi AMAZED :wave:

& don't worry, we really are just as nutty as we appear :nod:

Reaction score
cooooeeeeeeeeeeee cirianz, great aviator, i need to download some i havnt got any. i said a little joke in the jokey bit but i dont think anybody got it, so........i shant tell any more jokes till at LEAST one person laffs at that one. i am sulkin now, errm i think wot i am tryin to say is..........would one of u lot go and find my joke and laff at it, hysterically, like as if it REALLY is funny. pleeeeeeeease.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi there Amazed
happywave.gif
nice to meet you ... oh, and I'm chuckling at your sheep joke too:D
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Hey look, I'm laughing >>> :lol:

Hur hur hur :D

Ay oop lass and welcome :)

lol @ Flops

Don't worry AMAZED, he really is a smarta*se, just watch where you boot him... you might give him a concussion ;)

With the number of jokes there are about what Kiwi's do with sheep I got it, however, in general it's best to avoid jokes that are politically oriented so you probably won't get too many responses.

Aviator? I'm probably being completely stupid but that one went right over my head? Unless you're refering to the fact that we flew before the Wright brothers? :confused:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
cirianz said:
Aviator? I'm probably being completely stupid but that one went right over my head? Unless you're refering to the fact that we flew before the Wright brothers? :confused:

Just guessing, but I think Amazed was admiring your Avatar Ciri .... am I right Amazed?:D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Just guessing, but I think Amazed was admiring your Avatar Ciri .... am I right Amazed?:D

ROTFL, Thank you Taffy :D I said I was probably being stupid but missing that was not my brightest moment :lol:

Thank you AMAZED, my daughter does a lot of pixel art, although she whipped that one up in about an hour for me so it's a bit of a quickie job. One day she'll finish updating her website & you'll be able to see some examples of her work that are less than 3 years old :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Aviator

:lol: :lol: :lol: YES i meant avator, and.......... i thought i would download some, and i went in google and typed in msn display pics and i clicked on a link and got loads of good ones, but then................ a box popped up with a microsoft thing icon on it, saying i had been in an adult site and it would be tracked and could affect my marriage and even my credit status, and did i want them to remove the traces of it,.......i clicked no and came out. am i in trubble ?

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, you probably hit Gates's personal p*rn site
& he'll now hound you to the ends of his petty-cash jar :nod:

Ask a Question