Away for a short While

Reaction score
I am going to be off line for anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks. Going up into the Frozen North (High Arctic) to join the Frozen Chosen on a contract.

Freeze up has started up north and its currently -5 C. Time to pack the thermal undies and get the woods 5 star parka out.

Harvey

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Cool! :D

Seriously, sounds good mate have fun. :wave:

Reaction score
Very cool, er i no very cold

CaptHook good luck,:thumb: stay clear of Peter & Wendy if you can.:rolleyes:
It's not with BAS is it????

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Enjoy yourself mate, and more importantly stay warm :D ;)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Enjoy yourself mate, and more importantly stay warm :D ;)

Not a question of enjoying myself... but more of a question of a big fat pay cheque.

Actually its a return to my old stomping grounds. The new "Kids" seem to have become clueless about working and details in the High and I mean High Arctic. It has become civilized since I was last up there. I hear there are STOP signs now in the hamlets. I wonder if the local mountie is going to be issuing traffic tickets. LOL

On the plus side, I hear its a reunion of old farts up there. My buddy Rudi is one of the project managers and I will be replacing him so he can take a break and go south for a breather.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....Cold............Good luck Cap'n

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Good luck up there Harvey, and be safe
happywave.gif

.....and please say hi to Rudi for me, I miss not seeing him around the various forums :(

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Good luck up there Harvey, and be safe
happywave.gif

.....and please say hi to Rudi for me, I miss not seeing him around the various forums :(

At the risk of being un PC.... Rudi is probably chewing the ass of the newfies and city slickers up there. He was supposed to do a 4 week gig and that was several months ago. He asked for me to haul in some wine. Its a dry zone up there.

Hopefully the project is going to speed up, as I dont relish -60 and 24 hour darkness for to long. Its great when you are young and foolish but I need sun and wine and woman and song <eg>

I will know what is going on tomorrow as I have a meeting with the project engineers and project manager. Dayum last time I saw these guys they were still in nappies and now they are the managers and chief engineers. lol

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I don't doubt that for a minute, I can imagine what hes like, and I shouldn't think that wine will last long!

I don't think I could cope with the cold and darkness up there, I am a sun and sand person, and no women or booze would drive me crazy.

Any chance of taking a few pics while your up there to share with us?

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Any chance of taking a few pics while your up there to share with us?

Will do... but most of it is endles tundra and snow. But will do as soon as I get up as later there isnt a flash large enough to take photos lol.

Also got to pack a cushion or two as the seats in the jerky herc are throwbacks to the old rumble seat.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Sorry :blush: A bit late I know
But thought I'd wish you
Good luck
Lots of Thermals :nod:
& good fun :D
Can't wait to see any piccys you get :nod:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Coming Home......

Info has reached me that Harvey is returning home from the frozen wilderness this weekend :nod:

Its going to be good to see him back safe and well, and just in time to join in the remnants of the 15M Points Party at the Tavern!:D

Ask a Question