Avoid to send a mail per except. in a recurrence serie when I update/cancel the serie

Reaction score
Hi!

I've got a problem with outlook. When I've got a recurrence appointment in calendar with several exceptions, if I update or cancel the complete serie, a mail item per exception is sent to each one of the attendees, and another mail item is sent advicing the change done in the serie.

Is there any configuration option in outlook client or exchange server which force to send just one unique mail in this situation (the one to notice the complete serie has been changed)?

Is this functionallity correct?

Is there Anyway to solve this problem?

Here is an example:

- 1st Create a recurrence appointment serie (every saturday from 11:00AM to 11:30AM)

- 2nd Exception. Saturday 10/06/12 Cancelled

- 3rd Exception. Saturday 10/06/19 is updated from 11:00-11:30 am to 2:00-2:30 pm

- 4th Exception. Saturday 10/06/26 is also updated from 11:00-11:30 am to 2:00-2:30 pm

- 5th Cancel the complete serie

5th step, cancelling the serie, provoque sending of several mails items to all attendees (one per exceptions 3rd and 4th, another mail item to advice the complete serie has been cancelled).

If I update the complete serie instead of cancel it, the process is similar.

Best regards.

Ask a Question