AVAST updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
How many other people here use AVAST ? And how often does it update normally ?
I am just a little curious as AVAST on my main PC has updates at least 6 times since around 8pm yesterday evening. And normally it only updates 2 or 3 times a week.:(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
2-3 times a week!? MSE usually updates once or twice a day that i've noticed...

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
AVAST on my main PC has updates at least 6 times since around 8pm yesterday evening.

When I've used it it never did anything like that. About once a week is more normal.

Maybe just a one-off blip. :)

Reaction score
You turn off the auto update of Avast! antivirus, and you can update it manually once in a week to avoid the problem.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You turn off the auto update of Avast! antivirus, and you can update it manually once in a week to avoid the problem.
oszyC.jpg

Evan, as a test last night i manually updated MSE when i turned on my pc. (I usually just let it get on with it) Then just as i was about to turn it off, 11.30ish i tried updating again. sure enough it updated the definitions.

I see nothing wrong with this as it means its getting the latest definitions ASAP. Ensuring your protected as best you can be.

I'd just let it get on with it.

:)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I'd just let it get on with it.

:)

Yup, i'm just going to let it do its thing.Thankfully I go deaf when people tell me to turn things off to solve a problem :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question