Availability information - outlook 2007

Gus Mac

Hi,

I'm using Outlook 2007 SP1 with Exchange 2007 server. The last week I I updated my installation with the lastest patches and after this process I can´t modify the configuration values of the available schedule information. (Tools / options/ preferences/ calendar options/ advanced calendar options / availability options) because the outlook shows me the mailbox properties window.

Could you help me?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

The mailbox properties window comes up so you can set free/busy permissions
on it. What configuration are you trying to change? Have you tried Office
Diagnostics?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Gus Mac

Hi! Thanks for the answer.

That's the problem. When I try to change the free/busy refresh time option stored in the mail server selecting the availability button, it shows me the properties window of my mailbox PST not the correct window.

Yesterday, when I realized the problem I tried the Office Diagnostics but the tool doesn't send me any error message.

I'm using Windows XP SP3, Office Professional 2007 SP1 both with the latest patches in a Spanish version.

GM

outlookmvp wrote on Thu, 26 March 2009 07:3

Gus Mac said:
Hi,
I'm using Outlook 2007 SP1 with Exchange 2007 server. The last week I I
updated my installation with the lastest patches and after this process I
can´t modify the configuration values of the available schedule
information. (Tools / options/ preferences/ calendar options/ advanced
calendar options / availability options) because the outlook shows me the
mailbox properties window.

Could you help me?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It should show the default calendar folder - are you using the pst as your
default message store?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

Gus Mac said:
Hi! Thanks for the answer.

That's the problem. When I try to change the free/busy refresh time option
stored in the mail server selecting the availability button, it shows me
the properties window of my mailbox PST not the correct window.

Yesterday, when I realized the problem I tried the Office Diagnostics but
the tool doesn't send me any error message.

I'm using Windows XP SP3, Office Professional 2007 SP1 both with the
latest patches in a Spanish version.

GM

outlookmvp wrote on Thu, 26 March 2009 07:39
The mailbox properties window comes up so you can set free/busy
permissions on it. What configuration are you trying to change? Have
you tried Office Diagnostics?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Gus Mac said:
Hi,
I'm using Outlook 2007 SP1 with Exchange 2007 server. The last week I I
updated my installation with the lastest patches and after this process
I can´t modify the configuration values of the available schedule
information. (Tools / options/ preferences/ calendar options/ advanced
calendar options / availability options) because the outlook shows me
the mailbox properties window.

Could you help me?

Gus Mac

Yes, I'm using a PST like the default message store. I didn't change this value since the first installation....

outlookmvp wrote on Thu, 26 March 2009 12:0

"Gus Mac" <gusbond[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote in message
Hi,
I'm using Outlook 2007 SP1 with Exchange 2007 server. The last week I I
updated my installation with the lastest patches and after this process
I can´t modify the configuration values of the available schedule
information. (Tools / options/ preferences/ calendar options/ advanced
calendar options / availability options) because the outlook shows me
the mailbox properties window.

Could you help me?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

The pst is the calendar providing free/busy since it's the default calendar.
You should use the Exchange mailbox as the default and use rules to move
mail to a pst (or just use the exchange mailbox).

--

Gus Mac said:
Yes, I'm using a PST like the default message store. I didn't change this
value since the first installation....

outlookmvp wrote on Thu, 26 March 2009 12:05

Gus Mac said:
[...]

OK, I'm going to review your answer.

But the problem is other. When I try to change the free/busy option to send the refresh information to the server I can't do that because in the dialog window to change this option appear the properties window of my mailbox not the correct window. I think this is a BUG generated with any update patch because when I installed the software without any service pack or update patches, I did this change without any problems.

GM

[quote title=outlookmvp wrote on Thu, 26 March 2009 20:17]The pst is the calendar providing free/busy since it's the default calendar.
You should use the Exchange mailbox as the default and use rules to move
mail to a pst (or just use the exchange mailbox).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:mailto:[email protected]

mailto:mailto:[email protected]

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

it may be a change in behavior - I can't test it until I get back into the
office next week.