Autoshape click event

G

I have 10 rectangles(along with text box) in 2 rows(5 rectangle per row) as a Grouped Item ( like a table). During presentation design mode, I want to capture the event when any of the rectangle is edited. I want to reposition other rectangles whenever any one of the rectangle is edited. I have tried to use WindowsSelChange event, but it returns me only the group item instead of the specific rectangle id,name, etc. With this event, I need to reposition entire rectangle for every character typing. How can I avoid this?. I dont want to use PowerPoint Table for this, since the rectangle can change to any other shape!!

Is there anyway I can find out which shape in a group is being edited in design mode? either by using mouse click event or keyboard event? Please help me soon. its very urgent!!

G

Stee,
ActiveWindow.Selection.ChildShapeRange(1) should give you the reference to the shape selection within the group.

Regards
Shyam Pillai

http://www.mvps.org/skp

----- Stee wrote: -----

I have 10 rectangles(along with text box) in 2 rows(5 rectangle per row) as a Grouped Item ( like a table). During presentation design mode, I want to capture the event when any of the rectangle is edited. I want to reposition other rectangles whenever any one of the rectangle is edited. I have tried to use WindowsSelChange event, but it returns me only the group item instead of the specific rectangle id,name, etc. With this event, I need to reposition entire rectangle for every character typing. How can I avoid this?. I dont want to use PowerPoint Table for this, since the rectangle can change to any other shape!!

Is there anyway I can find out which shape in a group is being edited in design mode? either by using mouse click event or keyboard event? Please help me soon. its very urgent!!

G

Shyam,

Thanks for the help. But this works only if I specifically select the object in the Group. This doesn't work if I am editing the text inside the particular rectangle. While editing text how can I capture the shape? When I am trying to edit the text in the rectangle text box, a message is thrown saying "Object Variable or With block variable not Set". I am not well versed with VBA. Is this message implies something to add a with block or something? Somehow I want to catch the rectangle Shape within the Group whenever the user edits the particular rectangle. Please help me out , how can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

G

But dont mind, you can give me the code sample in VBA or VB itself. I can convert it in to VC++. Thanks again.

G

Shyam

I got it working. Thanks a lot for your help. Also can you please tell me is it possible to capture powerPoint events in a COM dll?? (not an add-in). I've posted this question several times, but no reply from anybody! Plz help me out.

G

Yes, you can capture the events even in a COM DL

----- Stee wrote: ----

Shyam

I got it working. Thanks a lot for your help. Also can you please tell me is it possible to capture powerPoint events in a COM dll?? (not an add-in). I've posted this question several times, but no reply from anybody! Plz help me out.

G

Really????!!! Please help me out how can I do this? I am banging my head for almost 3 weeks to do this!!! Later I am trying to do this as an external exe(application). Please tell me how can I achieve this in COM dll? any code or help available on this?? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Stee

G

Shyam,

Please do let me know how can I capture events in a COM dll?? Please help me out!!!

Thanks & Regards,
Stee

Ask a Question