automatic refresh

Teranews

Hello, All!

I remembered reading there is software to refresh an open web site every 5
minutes (good for tracking the stock market)
anyone can help?
tia

With best regards, Teranews. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Vrodok the Troll

Hello, All!

I remembered reading there is software to refresh an open web site every 5
minutes (good for tracking the stock market)
anyone can help?
tia

With best regards, Teranews. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

A msg which is posted publicly should be replied to in the fashion. Any other
way would be selfish.

Begin with - -> FireFox: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Next - -> Extension Room: http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/
- or -
http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/main.php/Firefox

Look for "Reload Every" - ->
http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/reloadevery

- - - - - - -
The ReloadEvery extension adds an option to the context menu (the menu you
obtain by right clicking on the webpage you're currently viewing) to reload
every so many seconds or minutes the web page you are viewing. This can be
convenient if you have a page with for example sports scores, news or stock
quotes and want to reload them automatically.
- - - - - - -

Have fun. Enjoy 'FireFox' :)

Teranews

Vrodok the Troll said:
A msg which is posted publicly should be replied to in the fashion. Any other
way would be selfish.

Begin with - -> FireFox: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Next - -> Extension Room: http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/
- or -
http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/main.php/Firefox

Look for "Reload Every" - ->
http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/reloadevery

- - - - - - -
The ReloadEvery extension adds an option to the context menu (the menu you
obtain by right clicking on the webpage you're currently viewing) to reload
every so many seconds or minutes the web page you are viewing. This can be
convenient if you have a page with for example sports scores, news or stock
quotes and want to reload them automatically.
- - - - - - -

Have fun. Enjoy 'FireFox' :)

thanks
forgot to mention that I am using IE

Teranews

Hello, Vrodok!
You wrote on 16 Feb 2004 00:55:06 -0600:

??>> Hello, All!
??>>
??>> I remembered reading there is software to refresh an open web site
??>> every 5 minutes (good for tracking the stock market) anyone can help?
??>> tia With best regards, Teranews. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

VtT> A msg which is posted publicly should be replied to in the fashion.
VtT> Any other way would be selfish.

VtT> Begin with - -> FireFox: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
VtT> Next - -> Extension Room: http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/
VtT> - or -
VtT> http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/main.php/Firefox

VtT> Look for "Reload Every" - ->
VtT> http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/reloadevery

VtT> - - - - - - -
VtT> The ReloadEvery extension adds an option to the context menu (the menu
VtT> you obtain by right clicking on the webpage you're currently viewing)
VtT> to reload every so many seconds or minutes the web page you are
VtT> viewing. This can be convenient if you have a page with for example
VtT> sports scores, news or stock quotes and want to reload them
VtT> automatically. - - - - - - -

Figure out the best way
F5

With best regards, Teranews. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Jari Lehtonen

Hello, All!

I remembered reading there is software to refresh an open web site every 5
minutes (good for tracking the stock market)
anyone can help?
tia
If you want to continue using IE I recommend MYIE2. It is an
alternative browser which uses IE´s engine and add a lot of usefull
features to like tabs etc. It has a build in feature so a page can be
set reload every nn (what you prefer) seconds. It also has a
downloadable extensio, which does the same whit a little difference.
You can download MYIE2 from http://www.myie2.com and the extensions
are http://www.myie2.smsnet.pl/

Jari

Chameleon

Teranews said:
thanks
forgot to mention that I am using IE

Just create a simple HTML page on your computer and use the "META refresh" tag. Something like, create 2 new html pages with the following names and html code.

*** Create "auto-refesh.html" with the following code:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Auto Refresh</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<FRAMESET border=0 frameSpacing=0 frameBorder=0 rows=100% cols=100%,*>
<FRAME name=Frame_1 src="1.html">
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

*** Next, create "1.html" with the following code and place it in the same folder:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>1-auto-refreash</TITLE>
<!- NOTE! Change the value of [CONTENT] ---------------->
<!- to achieve the desired time interval in seconds. --->
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="60"></HEAD>
<FRAMESET border=0 frameSpacing=0 frameBorder=0 rows=100% cols=100%,*>
<!- NOTE! Change the URL in [src=""] to your desired address ->
<FRAME name=Frame_1 src="http://google.com">
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

Read the <!--> comments in the html for "1.html" to change the time interval and the URL address you desire. To run, just open "auto-refresh.html" and let it do its work! So, you would change to value of : CONTENT="60" to however many seconds you need for 5 minutes (in this case it would be 300). And, you would replace: src=http://google.com to whatever page address you needed. Simple. Just create new pairs of pages as needed, or alter the code, whatever, for each new address to auto-refresh.

Hope that helps! :)

Chameleon

Teranews

Jari Lehtonen said:
If you want to continue using IE I recommend MYIE2. It is an
alternative browser which uses IE´s engine and add a lot of usefull
features to like tabs etc. It has a build in feature so a page can be
set reload every nn (what you prefer) seconds. It also has a
downloadable extensio, which does the same whit a little difference.
You can download MYIE2 from http://www.myie2.com and the extensions
are http://www.myie2.smsnet.pl/

Jari

OK will give it a try