AutoExNT on Win2K SP4

MR-KEN

Windows 2000 Server SP4

We are trying to run AutoExNT on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine with no luck.
The same directions that we follow work on WinNT 4.0, but when we start the
service on the Win2K machine, the autoexnt.bat does not seem to map the
drive. If the commands from the bat file are type directly into the command
prompt, the drive is mapped, but starting the service does not.

Any ideas?

Alex Zhang

Hello,

Thank you for posting here.

I understand that you want to run AutoExNT on Windows 2000, but it does not
work. You are not able to run the commands in the autoexnt.bat to map a
drive. Can you run other commands in the batch file?

Please refer to the following article first, then check if you run AutoExNT
based on the steps outlined in the article.

How to Run a Batch File Before Logging on to Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243486

Windows 2000 Computer Startup Scripts
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain/optimi
ze/startw2k.mspx

In addition, you may want to use the following steps to troubleshoot the
AutoExNT service:

================================

1. Check the startup script file (Autoexnt.bat). Make sure that the
commands in it can be executed successfully.

2. Check the credential of the AutoExNT service. Make sure it is run under
the "Local System account".

3. The AutoExNT writes the Application log. Start -> Run -> eventvwr. If it
fails to start, we can get the error code from the log.

I hope this information proves helpful to you. If you have any questions
or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am happy to be of
assistance.
Have a nice day!

Thanks and regards,
Alex Zhang
Microsoft Partner Online Support

| Subject: AutoExNT on Win2K SP4
| From: "MR-KEN" <[email protected]>
| Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:54:26 GMT
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| Windows 2000 Server SP4
|
| We are trying to run AutoExNT on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine with no luck.
| The same directions that we follow work on WinNT 4.0, but when we start
the
| service on the Win2K machine, the autoexnt.bat does not seem to map the
| drive. If the commands from the bat file are type directly into the
command
| prompt, the drive is mapped, but starting the service does not.
|
| Any ideas?

MR-KEN

Looks like the issue was that we were testing this via Term Services. When
logging directly onto the console, the mapping worked.

Thanks for the reply.

Alex Zhang

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

If you have any other issues, please feel free to let me know. I am glad to

Get Secure! - <www.microsoft.com/security>
| Subject: Re: AutoExNT on Win2K SP4
| From: "MR-KEN" <[email protected]>
| Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:38:15 GMT
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| Looks like the issue was that we were testing this via Term Services.
When
| logging directly onto the console, the mapping worked.
|
| Thanks for the reply.

Alex Zhang

Hello,

Thank you for posting here.

You may try to download the following utility to run AutoExNT on Windows
2000.

Remote Desktop Connection for Windows Server 2003 [5.2.3790]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8255ffc-4b4a-40e7-
a706-cde7e9b57e79&DisplayLang=en

To further troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide me with the
following information?

1. Are you able to run other commands in the batch file?
2. Is the drive you wish to map a local drive?
3. Are you able to use the above utility to run AutoExNT and map the drive?

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me
know. I am happy to be of assistance.

Thanks and regards,
Alex Zhang
Microsoft Partner Online Support
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Alex Zhang(MSFT))
| Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:59:11 GMT
| Subject: Re: AutoExNT on Win2K SP4
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|

| Hello,
|
| Thank you for your reply.
|
| If you have any other issues, please feel free to let me know. I am glad
| be of assistance.
|
| Have a nice day!
|
| Thanks and regards,
|
| Alex Zhang
| Microsoft Partner Online Support
| Get Secure! - <www.microsoft.com/security>
| =====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| =====================================================
rights.
| --------------------
| | Subject: Re: AutoExNT on Win2K SP4
| | From: "MR-KEN" <[email protected]>
| | Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:38:15 GMT
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
| |
| | Looks like the issue was that we were testing this via Term Services.
| When
| | logging directly onto the console, the mapping worked.
| |
| | Thanks for the reply.
| |