From: "Randy" <[email protected]>
Subject: Autocomplete nk2 file editor
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:06:32 -0400

For the regular folks, please excuse the HTML this time - I promise I won't do it again.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Randy asked:

| I found a great utility that let's me solve my autocomplete file
| issues.
|
| It can be found at: www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm
|
| It is called Owtlook

Randy

I have postings in many places and, like you don't like to receive spam and
unsolicited sales calls. Were I trying to be deceptive I wouldn't have
attempted to contact the MVP's to inform them of a new and innovative
product. Further, my "Reply to" has my accurate name??? Further, I have
taken the time to write to several of these people to advise them that they
do not need to purchase the solution, only to use the demo portion to see
how their file is structured...to answer questions, explain why/how certain
things happen and how they can fix their issues. It's not all about SELLING
software, it's also about helping others. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

By the way, our charge for our solution doesn't even cover our development
costs. We would need to buy several red ink erasers to "profit" from our
solution.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <[email protected]>
wrote in message How arrogantly disingenuous - "I *FOUND* a great utility" ???

Excuse me, but are you not the ones who PROGRAMMED this utility? At least
try to be honest if you want to advertise your program - shilling for
yourself is beneath honest programmers.

Oh, and how I found this information? Check your header:

From: "Randy" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:06:32 -0400

For the regular folks, please excuse the HTML this time - I promise I won't
do it again.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Randy asked:

| I found a great utility that let's me solve my autocomplete file
| issues.
|
| It can be found at: www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm
|
| It is called Owtlook

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Dissecting your original post:

Quote:

" I found a great utility" - no - your company CREATED this utility - why
try to sound like you are a user who happened upon a utility?

As for the sender information from the header, try looking at the sending
organization.

At least try to be honest in your advertising - I don't care if you promote
your product using an ANN: in the header. But your silly efforts to promote
your product (which I have no opinion on, one way or the other as I have not
tried it - nor intend to based on your marketing efforts) are just shilling,
pure and simple.

It embarrasses the honest developers who are content to just announce their
product, using the ANN in the header and then leave it to the user to see
whether or not it suits their needs. What you do, promoting the product in
replies to posts where your alleged solution is not even appropriate.

Go away! OR announce it once, and leave the rest to traffic that reads your
announcement. What you are doing IS spam.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Randy asked:

| I have postings in many places and, like you don't like to receive
| spam and unsolicited sales calls. Were I trying to be deceptive I
| wouldn't have attempted to contact the MVP's to inform them of a new
| and innovative product. Further, my "Reply to" has my accurate
| name??? Further, I have taken the time to write to several of these
| people to advise them that they do not need to purchase the solution,
| only to use the demo portion to see how their file is structured...to
| answer questions, explain why/how certain things happen and how they
| can fix their issues. It's not all about SELLING software, it's also
| about helping others. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.
|
| By the way, our charge for our solution doesn't even cover our
| development costs. We would need to buy several red ink erasers to
| "profit" from our solution.
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| | How arrogantly disingenuous - "I *FOUND* a great utility" ???
|
| Excuse me, but are you not the ones who PROGRAMMED this utility? At
| least try to be honest if you want to advertise your program -
| shilling for yourself is beneath honest programmers.
|
| Oh, and how I found this information? Check your header:

| From: "Randy" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Autocomplete nk2 file editor
| Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:06:32 -0400
|
| For the regular folks, please excuse the HTML this time - I promise I
| won't do it again.
|

| --
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
| personal account will be deleted without reading.
|
| After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Randy asked:
|
|| I found a great utility that let's me solve my autocomplete file
|| issues.
|| It can be found at: www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm
|| It is called Owtlook

Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
NK2 Editor for Outlook 2002?

I have Outlook 2002 SP3, and I've had no success using this utility. Am I doing something wrong?

Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Using NK2CSV

You just have to open the file. Even though it is listed, it will open once you re-select it from File/Open.

Works quite well.

Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'll try NK2csv

The customer service for the DCS product is as bad as their marketing efforts. After realizing I had purchased the wrong "version" of the product (desktop instead of help desk), they refused to give me credit and upgrade to the correct version. Furthermore, I believe the product is overpriced for what you get. This is not MS Office they're selling! I will look into using NK2csv (now called NK2.info) or some other product with similar functionality.

Last edited: