Auto Sending From Outlook 2003

J

Jim

I want to auto send an email using Outlook 2003. I am using a program called CLsend.....the problem is Outlook allowing you to send an email without user intervention.

When the command line file is executed, the program asks whether it can be opened:

"A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" You have to say yes to this to allow sending. The we have: "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?"

How can I by-pass this - just running my script to send without any intervention? I used to use this in Outlook 97 and maybe even 2000. 2003 is a no go though.

Thanks

Jim

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later versions.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

I want to auto send an email using Outlook 2003. I am using a program called CLsend.....the problem is Outlook allowing you to send an email without user intervention.

When the command line file is executed, the program asks whether it can be opened:

"A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" You have to say yes to this to allow sending. The we have: "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?"

How can I by-pass this - just running my script to send without any intervention? I used to use this in Outlook 97 and maybe even 2000. 2003 is a no go though.

Thanks

Jim

Ask a Question